PPI claiming tax back.

As l gather you have to claim statutory tax back from a ppi claim with a R40 form .
l have a few questions l hope someone can give me the answers to before l proceed.
The first is I had two successful ppi claims and l can only find the paperwork for one so l cannot remember the figures needed to put on the R40 form .
Second is as l don’t earn enough l don’t pay tax so would l be taxed on these claims .
Do you do the claim on line or do you have to request a form by post.

Comments

• As l gather you have to claim statutory tax back from a ppi claim with a R40 form .
    l have a few questions l hope someone can give me the answers to before l proceed.
    The first is I had two successful ppi claims and l can only find the paperwork for one so l cannot remember the figures needed to put on the R40 form .
    Second is as l don’t earn enough l don’t pay tax so would l be taxed on these claims .
    Do you do the claim on line or do you have to request a form by post.

You will need to get the figures from the company which made the PPI payout.

Why do you think you might be taxed on any tax refund  :/

You can do it online or print the form off gov.uk I think.  HMRC will probably post one to you if you ask.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure