Help! Problems with BT line connection

Options
Hi guys

I recently moved into a new flat and require a BT line.

I ordered a line from BT on the 30th August and after 7 'Engineer' appointments i still have no line!

Everytime i get a slot for the engineer call, out no one turns up!

I have complained both on line and with a written letter and they just gave me another engineer call out appointment! This latest one was this Wednesday and guess what! No one turned up!

I have wasted so much time trying to get a line, i am one the verge of giving up!

Anybody got any advice?

Cheers

Tom

P.s. If i sign up for BT option1 can i switch to Talk Talk as soon as i get the line installed?

Comments

• Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    mrshoaib wrote: »
    If i sign up for BT option1 can i switch to Talk Talk as soon as i get the line installed?
    You can - but it'll cost you £70 for breaching the contract (so, with the £124.99 installation, it will cost you £194.99 to give your line rental to Talk Talk).
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • BritBrat
    BritBrat Posts: 3,764 Forumite
    Options
    Have you checked they have your correct address?

What reason do they give for not turning up, If it was me I would be looking for compensation i.e. free instalation.

I would contact BT's CEO Ben verwaayen.

I am sure you could find out his address using Google or even a search of this site.
  • Chris120A
    Options
    Exact same thing happened to me. I eventually found out they had been going to the wrong flat as they'd missed a line out of my address (should have been "Flat X, House no.", they'd just got "House no."). The only way I could get them to go to the right flat was to make sure that BT put a note on the order saying it was Flat X, where my front door was, where my doorbell was, and to phone me before they arrived. Finally got a new line put in, and guess what? All my mail from BT is still being delivered to the wrong address :mad:

I have tried FIVE times now to give them the right address and it seems they're just not interested. Each time they say "yes that's changed for you sir", then the next piece of mail comes through my neighbour's door, with his address on it. BT seem to operate by postcode so unless your address matches EXACTLY the one they have on their system for that postcode, you don't exist. And all your mail, engineers etc. will go to that address. It seems to be "Computer says no" with BT unfortunately :confused:
  • mrshoaib
    Options
    Yeah i suspected this was happening but i got a bill for £140 today to the right address! With the right flat number!

I have no idea whats happening!
  • Chris120A
    Options
    Phoned head office, got them to change the address. Got many apologies and was assured it would be changed.

MAIL IS STILL GOING TO THE WRONG ADDRESS!

I got (or rather my neighbour got) a letter about my DD set-up STILL addressed to ** ******* Street instead of Flat *, ** ******* Street :confused: What more can I do? Ah well if they send any final demands, I can always tell them they got the wrong address and I never received them. Bet when I owe them money it'll be a different matter...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure