Forum Home» Phones & TV» Broadband & Internet Access

900,000 Virgin Media customers affected by data breach - MSE News

New Post Advanced Search
We are currently experiencing a high volume of spam and have increased the sensitivity of our spam filters. This could mean that genuine posts may get caught. If you believe this has happened to one of your posts, please email the Forum team on [email protected] As always, we are really grateful for your patience whilst we get this sorted - which we'll do as soon as possible.
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

900,000 Virgin Media customers affected by data breach - MSE News

2 replies 457 views
MSE_NaomiMSE_Naomi MSE Staff
495 posts
Second Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! Newshound!
MSE Staff
Virgin Media has apologised after a database containing personal details of 900,000 customers was accessed without permission due to being "incorrectly configured"...

Read the full story:

'900,000 Virgin Media customers affected by data breach

OfficialStampgif

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.

Replies

• CRISPIANNE3CRISPIANNE3 Forumite
    729 posts
    Eighth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper Car Insurance Carver!
    ✭✭
    I notice I have been getting messages in my scam folder from Virgin about I had contacted customer service and wanted my feedback. However I had not contacted them. 
  • keithsekeithse Forumite
    2 posts
    First Post Photogenic
    MoneySaving Newbie
    I notice I have been getting messages in my scam folder from Virgin about I had contacted customer service and wanted my feedback. However I had not contacted them. 

If you go on their "Community Help" forum, or access one of their help pages online then that can trigger the feedback emails, without you actually needing to specifically contact customer services.