Forum Home» Praise, Vent & Warnings

Weird Phone Number beginning with 0000

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Weird Phone Number beginning with 0000

4 replies 481 views
I did a 1471 check on a call where someone called but didn't leave a message. The number given was 13 digits beginning with 0000. I did check 1471 twice. Never knew there were 0000 numbers around?
Flowers are sunshine for the soul

Replies

• ZedicusZedicus Forumite
    246 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    There aren't.
    The caller was 'spoofing' the number.
  • marlotmarlot Forumite
    4.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    When I ran an IT and telecomms department, we could assign any number we liked to outgoing calls.
    We used it legitimately because we had four companies in the building, so we made sure that each extension showed up as the right outgoing number.
  • jackrollerjackroller Forumite
    5 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Sometimes it's a virtual phone number so it's given by some provider as the second number to other and that number was bought by the company for their own purpose. it's not a risk of this number.
  • Blackbeard_of_PerranporthBlackbeard_of_Perranporth Forumite
    6.9K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was my nice Nigerian Colonel friend after his pension package.
    Cardiac Arrest - Electrical - Patient unconscious! Heart Attack - Plumbing - Patient conscious!
    Defibrillators Cannot Cure a Heart Attack!