We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Old Style Daily Wednesday 4th March
dumpling
Posts: 2,491
Forumite
This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!
As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.
As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.
9
Comments
-
Good morning everyone
Sorry for being MIA but I have been wrestling with a big black dog and today is the first day in a while that I feel ok.
I have anxieties about my health and the news at the moment about the coronavirus is playing havoc with me. I know the risk of catching it is very small but I worry that if I do it will finish me off. All very melodramatic I know but with my heart and kidney problems I worry a lot.
Life has been chugging along here, Phoebe is still working very hard. She has a few days off soon as it is her 20th birthday. She doesn't want to do anything really but I will get her a nice cake and make her a lovely card. No sign of Lilly for well over a week. I am just assuming she is ok as I think she would be in touch if there were any problems. I will text her later though as I do miss her. Lee is also fine, he is getting on spectacularly well at college and passing all his exams with distinctions.
I managed a walk around the car park yesterday with my physio. It was good to feel some sunshine on me. Other than that I have been stuck into my knitting. I have an order for 3 dragons and a chicken so that is keeping me out of mischief. I cannot focus on any tv programmes at the moment so I just play music while I knit.
Tonight we are going to have Mediterranean chicken with orzo from the Pinch of Nom cookbook. It looks very tasty so that is one to look forward to. Diet is going appallingly bad so I need to reign it all in yet again. I don't want to put the weight I have lost back on but that will happen if I am not careful.
Hope you all have a great day whatever you are up to, take care xxx
16 -
Morning everyone
Hugs to those that want/need them, those who are poorly and those who are looking after a poorly person x
Happy birthday to those with a birthday x
Dark and cold start here yet again.
DH and DS1 getting ready for work, I've had a bath, dressed and enjoying my first cuppa and my porridge whilst on here. DS2 settled and happy.
Dinner last night was egg, bacon, sausage, beans and mushrooms - I remembered to get the chicken out to defrost - but it hasn't so that's in the fridge and I'll organise something else and we'll have that tomorrow night.
Yesterday work was quite busy - not sure what will happen today.
Keep safe and well x
nmlc xWEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB14 -
Morning All
Cold and a slight frost this morning, so much better than the relentless rain! I managed a walk again with Sophie after work in the sunshine, so lovely although Sophie fell asleep and wasn't very good company!
Good luck with the work Gers, looks very intrusive.
You're one strong lady RR.
Good to hear from you dumpling.
I had a really good sleep and the alarm woke me up which is very unusual, I wonder what time I would have woken without it!
Hope you're all well, take care. XX16 -
Morning folks and thanks DUMPLING. Good to have you back with us,, you have been missed, but sorry you have been struggling. This virus has a lot of other people worried too.
Another cold and frosty start but the rain isn't due until later - though they say it will just be light rain! As usual I had a lovely meet up with my friend yesterday and, with the coffee shop now operating on borrowed time, we decided to have the Cheesy Broccoli Bake again. Yum yum. They were selling off bars of fair trade 70% choc bars and, being the glutton I am, before I knew it two bars had jumped into my hands! One toasted coconut and the other salted almond. Double yum!!
Nothing planned for today so jobs await as usual.Then I will get my feet up with my book after lunch. I am hooked by it, it is set on the former leper colony of Spinalonga which, I'm sorry to say, I didn't know anything about before this book tempted me. The two youngest DGDs will be here tonight after dancing for a spot of supper and sleepover as DD on early shift tomorrow. Eldest always stays at her DD's on a Wednesday.
Have a good day folks. Thinking of REDRUBY after yesterday's appointment and I think today is the bone scan day isn't it? Fingers crossed for that too. GERS I hope today isn't too traumatic and messy. How is your DM coping with the upheaval? NELS well done you on going ahead with the trip out, You are doing so well and mood swings are only to be expected. ((HUGS)) for all others in need of them. Take care all xx"If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"17 -
Morning
Followed my usual pattern of a bad nights sleep followed by a good one last night in fact it was more of a 9 hr coma last night
Consequently feel really good today so need to make the most of a no visitor day. Had a great session with the terrorist yesterday. Told him about my low mood the night before and we had a good chat about the why's and wherefores. He thinks and i agree it does not need any treatment as its more about handling the practical stuff and possibly not related to the stroke although of course its the stroke that is the underlying cause. So as a solution we had a game of football......yup football it was a great laugh and involved me almost forgetting my right leg couldn't do that....clever man. He also had me stepping and balancing with eyes shut. We are definitely building a set for a dance programme. Hour and a half later he left so he really has ramped up the workout.
Went online to book mums shop yesterday and there was just one slot left
I am really annoyed at all the panic causers who will end up resulting in a shortage of the essentials. Nobody needs a room stacked high with loo roll or thousand of tins under the bed but they will force everyone to feel they should buy extra just in case. They are probably the same people wandering round in masks that are next to pointless. Rant over I shall keep my fingers crossed they don't all decide to stock up on bananas or poor mum will have to go without 
Chilli for dinner tonight with wraps and dips
Gers hope the workmen behave today
Rubes....massive but very gentle hugs
nanny window....that will never happen
this months pity party is officially over
TA is it the Island? fantastic book and one of the rare ones I have read more more than once
Have a great day all
18 -
Morning all
Thank you again for the good wishes they really do help, a little bit of good news yesterday the consultant asked me my decission and I told her I wanted them both off
she said she was glad I had come to that decision as she thinks its the right one, she then said that she had spoken to the other consultant (the reconstruction one) and he sees no reason that both ops cant be done together
which is fab news for me as it means one big op as opposed to two, I will also have two surgeons working on me during the op so the op time will only be 4 - 5 hrs as opposed to 10 +, I am thrilled as I was really worried about my mental state at the changes to my body, I would have had no boobs for months, this way they will put implants in at the same time and once I am healed they will start to slowly inflate them over a few weeks, I will lose my nipples
but they have booked me an appointment to have false ones made and I can always have another small op later on to make some out of my skin. I have to go and see the reconstruction man next Tues and they have booked me in for the 30th April for the op but they have said they will get me in sooner if they can and that I should be ready, so yesterday was spent in a flurry of buying nightwear and some other bits I shall need, its the bone scan today and I have to have something injected and then go back three hours later for the scan, so dd and I will nip into town and have a bit of lunch and buy the few other things I need. I want it all ready in case they do call me in.
Onto today I shall have a quick tidy round this morning and take the pup out for her walk as I said dd and I will have lunch out so I will just get OH a pizza or something quick, we will only want toast or similar tonight.
I have a wash on the go which will have to go in the TD.
Nels you are doing so well, you are one determined strong lady xx
Have good days all xx
17 -
Rubes .....Right back atcha girl.... thats an amazing plan your surgeons have put together so grateful for our NHS they work miracles. Keep smiling and don't forget chargers and comfy slippers for your list xxx16
-
RedRuby you are so positive I'm glad they can combine the operations x
Dumpling glad to see you back hugs x I know what you mean about Corona I've decided not to go to my usual Mind group as it held in a drop in doctors surgery. Good news is darling husband is high priority for working at home if it should strike cos he a carer so feel slightly more reassured x
Hope you all have a good day x
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and through me. When it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
When the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.17 -
Morning all
Dolly walked and fed
Yesterday was busy mum to the optician's did her an online shop, ordered her prescription and a new double oven from JL
Dinner tonight schnitzel beans and chips other than freezer diving i will have a bit of a clean round
Ruby I think you made the right decision good to hear that they can do both ops in one go I know that many women have had nipples tattooed on which looks very realistic
Dumpling glad you are feeling a bit better sounds like the family are all doing well you should be proud
Nels cant wait for the you tube video of the dance routine
Right need to get a shifty on so have a great day whatever you are up to stay warm and safe xxSlava Ukraini16 -
NELSKI yes you are right it is The Island. I love Victoria Hislop, a brilliant author. Have you read The Sunrise? That's set in Cyprus in the early 70's. I was well aware at the time of the troubles there but I am ashamed to say I had no idea just how bad life was for the people there - especially those in and around Famagusta. I also have The Return and The Thread waiting in my stockpile of books so they will be next to be read!
REDRUBY it's amazing how the treatment of breast cancer has progressed in recent years. The less ops to face the better. I had no idea that was an option now.. But such a wait for the treatment to start. Fingers crossed it can be brought forward. x
"If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"14
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
