New Post Advanced Search

Need a Dentist Urgently

3 replies 76 views
PeltastPeltast Forumite
2 posts
First Post
MoneySaving Newbie
Hi All,

Please can anyone tell me if there is a dentist available within the Brynamman/Ammanford/Pontardulais/Cross Hands area?

Thanks in advance

Replies

• Owain_MoneysaverOwain_Moneysaver Forumite
    11.2K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you aren't registered with a dentist, you'll probably need to call 0845 46 47 (or 111 if it covers your area) and ask for an emergency dental service. AFAIK all dentists are now not accepting new patients because to register with a dentist requires an initial exam/check-up and all those have been suspended. 

Brynteg Dental Practice in Ammanford 's website says they have limited availability for new registrations in Tenby; that might not be up to date. Don't know if it's NHS or private. http://www.bryntegdental.co.uk/

A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
  • TigsteroonieTigsteroonie Forumite
    24.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried calling a local dental surgery out-of-hours? You may find that their automated message provides you with details of how to access an emergency dentist. 
    :heartpuls Mrs Marleyboy :heartpuls

MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

:) Proud Parents to an Aut-some son :)
  • NaturallyEnthusiastNaturallyEnthusiast Forumite
    4 posts
    Photogenic First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    If it is not emergency, most NHS dentists in Wales are fully booked and are not accepting new patients. I live in North Wales and I have been on the waiting list for more than a year now. I joined a private BUPA dentist for general checkup in the mean time.