Wilko & Love to shop vouchers

I had £100 in Love to shop vouchers for Xmas. I wanted to use them all in Wilko's to buy paint etc for decorating. The lady on the till wouldn't accept any of them unless the total came to the exact amount. Example: I would have to buy something for exactly £10 to use one voucher and so on. I bought three pots of paint and it came to £44.50 and she would not accept any vouchers because it wasn't an exact amount. Has anyone else experienced this. 
It just seems silly to me.

Comments

• Misslayed
    Misslayed Posts: 14,162 Senior Ambassador
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper
    edited 1 March 2020 at 5:10PM
    I won £300 of Love2shop once, spent most of them in Wilko, no problem, just couldn't have change - eg if I spent £10.98 I used one £10 voucher and paid 98pin real money. I think the person has misunderstood the rules. I'd try customer service to clarify 
    ETA PS I forgot, I also used quite a few to buy gift cards in Wilko, for places like Amazon, Marks and Spencer, iTunes.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Competition Time, Site Feedback and Marriage, Relationships and Families boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com All views are my own and not the official line of Money Saving Expert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure