central heating vaillant boiler

Options
Hello all. I have moved to new home and all of the things are wrong, now even heating is gone. 
So the boiler is not combi. it is couple years old vaillant boiler. did work in the morning, then fuse for cental heating has popped. We have switched it back on. Now the boiler control panel seems to be fine, the thermostat keeps clicking ( asking for heat). then boiler sounds like it fires up for 30 sec and then off again. 

any idea? is there any pumps etc that could have burned when fuse has gone?

Comments

• aggi
    aggi Posts: 153 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    also , sorry for stupid question but how does this work?
  • tacpot12
    tacpot12 Posts: 7,972 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I think your best bet is call out a heating engineer and ask them to investigate your problem, give you a price to fix it AND explain how your heating system works. It is information that is worth paying for. 
    The comments I post are my personal opinion. While I try to check everything is correct before posting, I can and do make mistakes, so always try to check official information sources before relying on my posts.
  • robatwork
    robatwork Posts: 7,094 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Vaillants (at least you got the spelling right, rare on here) normally have a useful error code when they go wrong easily googleable.  
    That looks like a pressurised cylinder but I'm a random internet person. You possibly have a system boiler with pressurised cylinder (google megaflo), if your hot water comes out at decent mains pressure the same as cold from all your taps then that's what this setup is.
  • Cash-Cows
    Cash-Cows Posts: 413 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Do you have something like a Honeywell motorised valve. Google to see what it looks like. They can be problematic so I found out. They get stuck and burn out. It's an easy and cheap job to replace if that's what it is. 
  • markin
    markin Posts: 3,848 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 1 March 2020 at 6:51PM
    Options
    It could be anything, it will all want checking.

That looks like its just a shower pump, And the red thing is the heating pump.

• Lorian
    Lorian Posts: 5,706 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    It blew the 3A Fuse in the airing cupboard, in a spur box somewhere on the left in that picture?
    Can you get the error code from the boiler, and the model.

• aggi
    aggi Posts: 153 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank you for all replies, that cylinder is still producing hot water and the switches on left were off when we moved in, so guessing the fuses burnt or not will not affect the issue ( ?). I do have honeywell thermostat, and boiler is ecotech plus 418, and no faults are displayed, only egg timer keeps coming on which prevents boiler from trying on all the time. 
    the water pressure upstairs is almost non existent.

I think I will call  some one on Monday and ask for visit.  

• markin
    markin Posts: 3,848 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 1 March 2020 at 9:07PM
    Options
    The switches on left that were off may be for the electric immersion heater, you don't want to leave that on 24/7, 1hr in the morn and 1hr in the evening will do for hot water.

Trace the wire from the top of the tank to the switch.
  • southcoastrgi
    southcoastrgi Posts: 6,298 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    robatwork said:

That looks like a pressurised cylinder 
    It's not 
    I'm only here while I wait for Corrie to start.

You get no BS from me & if I think you are wrong I WILL tell you.
  • vw100
    vw100 Posts: 306 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Its a vented system. Best get a heating engineer if you haven't been able to resolve the problem.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure