Wall mounted electric fire- power cord issues

I have a wall mounted electric fire . The guy that fitted it didn't do a great job and instead of cutting a hole in the wall  for the power cord just wrapped it round the fire casing. It worked ok for a good few years but yesterday the fire wouldn't switch on. When I moved the cord it came on temporarily leading me to believe that its problem with the cord not the fire or the electricity ( -I've seen similar issues on wired headphones and phone chargers)
I there a way to replace the cord without removing the fire from the wall - He made a bit of a mess of the wall/fitting too,so I think if it is removed it may mean some plastering and redecorating

thanks for any advice

Comments

• TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,455 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    If you can remove the cover without removing from the wall you may be able to get to the power cord.  I can't think of any other way without removing the fire from the wall.
  • TELLIT01 said:
    If you can remove the cover without removing from the wall you may be able to get to the power cord.  I can't think of any other way without removing the fire from the wall.
    Thanks,- thats possible I guess.I will have a look in daylight
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport