HL Paying Charges and Minimum Cash Balance

I apologise in advance for this question because I must be absolutely thick and however much I read their help documents I don't understand it.
I have invested the max in my S&S ISA, as I don't want to sell anything to pay my fees, should I edit the account settings to Fee Collection Options: Collect Fees outside Account Where Possible?  With my Fund and Share Account, I have left the Fee Collection Options as Standard.  I've added cash into the Fund and Share Account which is now showing as Amount Available to Invest.  If I just leave this there, will they collect the fees from this amount first?  It's showing a Suggested Minimum Cash Balance on the S&S ISA account and a different Minimum Cash Balance on the Fund and Share Account.  So if I add both together and ensure I have the cash on the Fund and Share Account that will cover the charges?
Thank you.

Comments

• ColdIron
    ColdIron Posts: 9,038 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 29 February 2020 at 9:57AM
    If you change the Fee collection options for your ISA to 'Collect fees outside account where possible' they will take them from your F&S account. I wouldn't take too much notice of the Suggested Minimum Cash Balance, it's advisory
    If you press the ? Help button in the top right of Fee collection options under Account Settings it details all the options
    The Fund & Share Account option - For clients who would like to pay their fees outside their ISA/SIPP, where possible
    We will try to collect fees in this order:
    1.     The Loyalty Bonus Account
    2.     Cash you hold in your Fund & Share Account based on the collection method you have chosen for that account
    3.     The income account of the selected account (e.g. Stocks & Shares ISA)
    4.     The capital account of the selected account (e.g. Stocks & Shares ISA)

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure