If I call the DWP do they keep note of a esa50 being posted?

edited 28 February 2020 at 6:51PM in Benefits & tax credits
3 replies 111 views
blackstarblackstar Forumite
246 Posts
Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
Forumite
edited 28 February 2020 at 6:51PM in Benefits & tax credits
Hello all,
A very quick question.

If I call the DWP would they have record on their system if and when an ESa50 was posted out to me? Or would they have no idea and I would have to contact medical services or someplace else i.e. Maximus.

Please can someone confirm? Ie has anyone ever called the DWP and they have confirmed an ESa50 was posted to them on such and such a date.

Replies

• calcotticalcotti Forumite
    15.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    DWP should have a record if ESA50 has been issued and there will also be a note of the date by which it’s due back.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Some rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • edited 28 February 2020 at 7:38PM
    poppy12345poppy12345 Forumite
    16.2K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 28 February 2020 at 7:38PM
    blackstar said:

Please can someone confirm? Ie has anyone ever called the DWP and they have confirmed an ESa50 was posted to them on such and such a date.

No, i would never call them to ask that question because sods law if i did then it could prompt the dreaded "white" envelope. I'd rather just prepare my evidence ready just in case it does arrive.
  • TELLIT01TELLIT01 Forumite
    14.9K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Forumite
    Has somebody at DWP told you that one has been sent but you haven't received it?  That's the only situation where I would be contacting them to find out when it was sent.  If you are simply concerned that you are expecting a review and haven't received an ESA50, then stop worrying.  It will be sent as and when DWP get round to it.
    There won't always be a record of the ESA50 being sent, as they are sometimes sent manually and no note put on the system to confirm it has been sent.  The note should be entered, but humans don't always do everything they should. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Check your Clubcard vouchers

Use our trick to extend them

MSE News

Preparing for summer

What MoneySaving things can you do now to get ready?

MSE Forum

Hot Diamonds 40% off code

Including already-reduced outlet stock

MSE Deals