Anger as British Gas prepayment customers struggle to top up - MSE News

MSE_Chris_D
MSE_Chris_D Posts: 31 MSE Staff
First Anniversary
edited 28 February 2020 at 6:01PM in Energy
Scores of British Gas customers have taken to social media, venting their fury at the big six supplier as they were unable to top up their prepayment meters last night – leaving some without heating and electricity...
Read the full story:
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven't already, join the forum to reply.

Comments

• One-Eye
    One-Eye Posts: 66,436 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Oh dear, 6 hours before a website fault was fixed. They should have come to the MSE Forum where everything has been working just as smoothly for the past 3 weeks.
  • Dear me, the IT issue lasted just 6 hours between 4pm and 10pm

If people are burning up all their credit, and then going into their emergency credit and spending all of that too, and only then attempting to top-up, leaving them without any heat or the ability to cook for their children, they should be be reported to social services on suspicion of child neglect.

#NoSympathy

• Gerry1
    Gerry1 Posts: 9,936 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    KixChic said:
    If people are burning up all their credit, and then going into their emergency credit and spending all of that too, and only then attempting to top-up, leaving them without any heat or the ability to cook for their children, they should be be reported to social services on suspicion of child neglect.
    #NoSympathy
    I hope you never become ill or fall on hard times.
  • Gerry1 said:
    KixChic said:
    #NoSympathy
    I hope you never become ill or fall on hard times.
    Thank you for your kind wishes.

I too hope I never become ill, but I'm sure I will do. If the coronavirus doesn't get me, I'm sure something else will.

As for my financial position, you sadly have no idea what financial dire straits I'm already in, but my kids have and will always come first.

But this wasn't about financial hardship. These people seemed to have the money in their accounts ready to spend using their smart phones.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure