Click and Drop Printer

Hi all,

Looking to speed up my eBay selling and avoid queue at local post office by using click and Drop, printing my own 1st class signed for and popping in postbox on way to work.

I can't seem to find where I can buy a zebra thermal printer from the post office anymore. Have they stopped selling? If so which printer is the current best buy so to speak?

Thanks

Replies

• soolinsoolin Forumite, Board Guide
    67.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi all,

Looking to speed up my eBay selling and avoid queue at local post office by using click and Drop, printing my own 1st class signed for and popping in postbox on way to work.

I can't seem to find where I can buy a zebra thermal printer from the post office anymore. Have they stopped selling? If so which printer is the current best buy so to speak?

Thanks
    I’m using a Zebra printer and got mine via a discounted rate from an introduction from Royal Mail. It was near impossible to find the link to order it but someone on here sent me details . Unfortunately I don’t have the link anymore.

i would give you the usual caution though about dropping expensive things straight into the box. I assume if you are using signed for then these items are valuable so why risk not having any way of making a claim for loss or damage , or even more importantly defending against a claim of fraudulent use of a card? lose that latter claim and PayPal charge you an additional £14 for them having to sort it out . 
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
  • custardycustardy Forumite
    38K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also keep in mind you can drop these items if at a RM office if theres any on your way.
  • lindenslindens Forumite
    2.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I buy postage through ebay and use a normal inkjet and A4 sheet of labels. just drop them off at the PO or if cheap LL pop into post box
    You're not your * could have not of * Debt not dept *
  • theonlywayisuptheonlywayisup Forumite
    15.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zebra.  No ongoing costs as it is thermal and RM provide the labels FOC.  If you ever use the QR code and go to RM to get your label printed, it is a Zebra that they use.
  • edited 29 February 2020 at 9:43AM
    soolinsoolin Forumite, Board Guide
    67.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 29 February 2020 at 9:43AM
    Zebra.  No ongoing costs as it is thermal and RM provide the labels FOC.  If you ever use the QR code and go to RM to get your label printed, it is a Zebra that they use.
    I'm surprised how much saving there is using a Zebra printer, with ink and paper savings I probably paid for mine within a year. I order my labels in batches of 4 or 5 rolls and have no difficulty with getting them delivered. My RM OBA account also gives me delivery conformation on large letters (at a slight extra cost) and the whole setup has made a considerable difference to my costs and time spent.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Top savings accounts

Up to 1.7% fixed or 0.6% easy access

MSE Guides

24 craft beers for £26 delivered

Flavourly newbies only (norm £70ish)

MSE Deals