Credit rating

Options
I signed up for the Sainsburys credit card but didn't get any confirmation email to confirm my application.
I left 24 hour pass before I signed up again thinking I may have done something wrong.
I had one email saying I had100%chance of getting the card and then another to say I have 0% chance of getting the card. 
I still havent heard anything from Sainsburys or had any email correspondence.
Have I ruined my credit score and what can I do to correct this.
I had a 95% credit score before this application

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Probably (certainly the Experian one, not so much the others), but  your credit score has no relevance to lending, so don't worry about it.   You have one, perhaps two searches on your credit file, which by themselves, are no cause for concern.

Don't apply any more times - wait for the decision.  If declined, you could try one more application (but to a differnt lender this time). If declined for that, leave it for a a couple of months.

Use the time to check your three credit files to ensure everything is in order.

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    chizzyash said:
    I signed up for the Sainsburys credit card but didn't get any confirmation email to confirm my application.
    I left 24 hour pass before I signed up again thinking I may have done something wrong.
    I had one email saying I had100%chance of getting the card and then another to say I have 0% chance of getting the card. 
    I still havent heard anything from Sainsburys or had any email correspondence.
    Have I ruined my credit score and what can I do to correct this.
    I had a 95% credit score before this application
    When did you apply for the first card ?
    Should really have phoned them to ask if it was all ok etc.

• chizzyash
    Options
    Why should I have to phone on this day and age. Every other thing you buy or order online send you a confirmation email to acknowledge  your application  ?.?.
    Thanks 
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    You don't have to phone.  But even in this day and age, a conversation often remains the best way of resolving problems.

It's jus that most people have become phone phobic and so prefer to leave problems unresolved.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure