I wonder if anyone had experienced a similar problem to what I am experiencing at the moment. I live in a maisonette flat that was ex council I live in the top flat and there is a council tenant underneath. 

I have always had to pay for my buildings insurance though the council. With the heavy rain that has been happening I have noticed water marks in my living room on the coving near the chimney. 

So I am guessing there is a problem with the flashing or similar. My Dad is a general builder now retired and he has had a look and said it looks like the roof could need pointing up as well. 

I have given the council a call and they are not interested at all I just wanted some advice. So I am going to call the insurance tonight after work. I am just unsure how the process works when it is not me who took out the policy.

Any advice would be great thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides