»

Washing Machine recall

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: NEW MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH 31/3
RESCUE FLIGHTS FOR STRANDED BRITS * SCHOOL MEALS VOUCHERS * BRIGHTHOUSE COLLAPSES

Washing Machine recall

4 replies 141 views
punchandjudypunchandjudy Forumite
2 posts
First Post
MoneySaving Newbie
Received a replacement but not happy with the Machine and programmes, they have informed me I should have checked replacement features and therefore no replacement changes can take place. Have I any rights to complain.

Replies

• LilElvisLilElvis Forumite
    5.4K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Received a replacement but not happy with the Machine and programmes, they have informed me I should have checked replacement features and therefore no replacement changes can take place. Have I any rights to complain.
    Not unless you were told that the machine had features/ programmes it doesn't actually have. They're right - you should have checked out the features and read reviews before accepting the replacement machine.
  • mattyprice4004mattyprice4004 Forumite
    4.7K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, they're right - it's on you to research the machine and make sure it's up to the job or works as you want. 
    You've always got the right to complain, no one can stop you - but they also have the right to disregard the complaint if it's unreasonable, like in this case.

Sorry, but homework first then agree after. :) 
  • punchandjudypunchandjudy Forumite
    2 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Agree, but..I was not informed of a choice of Machine the site just came up with a replacement machine and no mention of choice, I thought it would be like for like. 
  • elsienelsien Forumite
    22.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They haven't been in any way open or honest about the process - they dont tell you that the offers change over time if you wait. I also thought there was only one option and it wasn't clear that programmes would take a lot longer to run.
    Having accepted it, I don't think you'll get far with a complaint but have a look on the FB group
     whirlpool hotpoint creda indesit recalls support group uk
    A few people have had a success with a like for like machine but they are a tiny minority. 

All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.