Help setting up Feed-In-Tariff for solar panels

Options

Hi everyone,
I purchased a new build house in March 2019 and was within the timeframe of applying for the feed in tariff which ends 31st March 2020. The problem I have is I have been back and forward with British Gas since August / September and I feel like I am repeating myself continuously. I have provided them with so many documents and they aren't very helpful when asking for advice. The part I am struggling on is;

1. The MCS states ;Total Installed Capacity as 0.52 (kw)
2. Estimated Annual Generation as 346 (kWh)
3. I have two solar panels

They keep asking me for the individual wattage of each solar panel. I assumed that 0.52 kw would be the individual wattage of each but this seems incorrect. I don't know if this correct or incorrect, but would the individual wattage be 0.52 kw / 2 = 0.26kw??

My other query is they have asked for a Generation Meter Details (which I have provided) and also the Export Meter Details (which I have not provided).  I have a meter under my stairs but I assumed this is the Generation Meter and not the export meter. What is the difference and does everyone have an export meter?

I am fully aware that I would not receive much in payment regarding the sizing of my panels, however money is money and I was not provided with any details regarding the solar panels so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

David.

Comments

• Essmum
    Essmum Posts: 91 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Contact your installer to get the actual wattage of each solar panel.. tbh I'm not sure why they are asking you for that .
    Not everyone has an export meter so just tell them you dont have one. 
    You need to get a move on with this as you can only register until 31/03/2020..
    Maybe worth putting a complaint in if you cant get this sorted in the next day or 2 as time is running out to register your FIT.
  • Ectophile
    Ectophile Posts: 7,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The total installed capacity will be the sum of all the solar panels.  So if you really need the power per panel, just divide the total by the number of panels, as you were doing.
    If it sticks, force it.
    If it breaks, well it wasn't working right anyway.
  • silverwhistle
    Options
    I could check later but when I had mine installed way back I think the installer even provided the panel serial numbers. As to their individual output, 260 watts is a standard figure.

But this is a go at the housebuilders, why only 2 panels, for goodness sake, they're the cheapest part of the whole set up after the inverter and cost of installation? The sort of token effort that really annoys me.
  • UnclaimedEnergy
    Options
    Try to apply to someone that isn't British Gas?
    https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/environmental-programmes/fit/contacts-guidance-and-resources/fit-licensee-contact-details
    Npower have the biggest FiT claims, so if you do want a Big 6, prob try them
    Good Energy have the 2nd biggest FiT claim and basically started the scheme off before the government got involved.
  • Mister_G
    Mister_G Posts: 1,927 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've been with Npower for my FIT ever since I had the panels installed in 2011.  The FIT has always been paid promptly and with no hassle whatsoever.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure