Best Free Reward Card - Recommendations

Hi,
I currently have an Amex Platinum cashback card but I would like to get a mastercard as well for when I can't use Amex, because it will only be used for about £250 per month I would like it to be free as I doubt I will make much from it.
I was using a Tandem card which was offering 0.5% cashback but as of March Tandem are changing the terms and will no longer receive this benefit.
Which is the best free non-amex card?
Cheers!

Comments

• James208 said:
    Hi,
    I currently have an Amex Platinum cashback card but I would like to get a mastercard as well for when I can't use Amex, because it will only be used for about £250 per month I would like it to be free as I doubt I will make much from it.
    I was using a Tandem card which was offering 0.5% cashback but as of March Tandem are changing the terms and will no longer receive this benefit.
    Which is the best free non-amex card?
    Cheers!
    Tandem and all the rest. It seems they are all cutting cashback at the moment. I use Natwest as my Mastercard cashback card but they've just cut it to 0.25%. From my research I can't find an option which is obviously better. Santander offer 0.5% but with a £3 fee which is not worth it when it is a backup to Amex. John Lewis seemed to the best points earning card, being the equivalent of 0.5% but only redeemable as vouchers. For now I'm just going to stick with Natwest.  
  • jasdev
    jasdev Posts: 112
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    We have removed your signature - please contact the forum team if you are not sure why - Forum Team

• James208
    James208 Posts: 3
    First Post
    edited 26 February 2020 at 12:15PM
    Thank you both of you. 
    I need to weigh up having voucher amounts as an option. The barclaycard might be my best option though as with the additional £25 bonus, I will pull in more than I would at 0.5% given I am only spending about £3k a year. Although, the JL card has a £30 voucher bonus...so same advantage. I guess both are winners and I am just thinking about this too much!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure