New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: NEW MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH 31/3
RESCUE FLIGHTS FOR STRANDED BRITS * SCHOOL MEALS VOUCHERS * BRIGHTHOUSE COLLAPSES

Praise - Richer Sounds

9 replies 434 views
I bought a TV from Richer Sounds and the next day the price dropped £50 for them and all competitors (Curry's, AO). I rang up to enquire about their price promise. The staff were fully aware that within 7 days they will refund the difference, whereas I was expecting a discussion about the terms of price matching. Within minutes I had £50 refunded. Delighted with decision to use them because still have the 6 year guarantee, staff in shop helpful and carrying out goods to car and they seem to have very good business practices, employee owned, living wage etc.

Replies

• mattyprice4004mattyprice4004 Forumite
    4.7K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    RS are indeed fantastic, have used them since I was 13 and still impressed 17 years later. :) 
    The man himself was even in the Manchester store on one of my visits; a thoroughly lovely chap. 
  • MoneyineptitudeMoneyineptitude Forumite
    26K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bribri_2 said:
    I bought a TV from Richer Sounds and the next day the price dropped £50 for them and all competitors (Curry's, AO). I rang up to enquire about their price promise. The staff were fully aware that within 7 days they will refund the difference, whereas I was expecting a discussion about the terms of price matching. Within minutes I had £50 refunded.
    So they gave you a refund you were fully entitled to? :)
  • RichardD1970RichardD1970 Forumite
    3.6K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    bribri_2 said:
    I bought a TV from Richer Sounds and the next day the price dropped £50 for them and all competitors (Curry's, AO). I rang up to enquire about their price promise. The staff were fully aware that within 7 days they will refund the difference, whereas I was expecting a discussion about the terms of price matching. Within minutes I had £50 refunded.
    Yeah, but try it somewhere like Curry's. See how easy it is there.
  • marlotmarlot Forumite
    4.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I too have always found Richer Sounds to be excellent.
    I did have cause to take curry's up on their price promise recently, when they dropped the price of something I'd bought.  The manager did it with good grace.
  • photomephotome Forumite
    14.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Bake Off Boss!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bribri_2 said:
    its the praise board !!!
  • bribri_2bribri_2 Forumite
    263 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    It is indeed praiseworthy because they had a policy in the first place which everyone knew about and abided with. So that says good training and maintaining standards. They are surviving on the high street and from my experience I hope they continue.

And it's nice to be able to give praise.

• MoneyineptitudeMoneyineptitude Forumite
    26K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    photome said:
    bribri_2 said:
    its the praise board !!!
    Yes, and praise is generally reserved for a company (or employee) which goes above  and beyond what they might reasonably have been expected to do. In this case they just followed their advertised policy...
  • Hermione_GrangerHermione_Granger Forumite
    1.3K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, and praise is generally reserved for a company (or employee) which goes above  and beyond what they might reasonably have been expected to do. In this case they just followed their advertised policy...
    What gives you the right to state when praise should be given?
    Just because you think that praise for a company should only be given if they go "above and beyond"  doesn't mean that this is set in stone and other posters don't have the right to give praise when they think it's due.

• edited 28 February at 12:04AM
    MoneyineptitudeMoneyineptitude Forumite
    26K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 28 February at 12:04AM

What gives you the right to state when praise should be given?

I think you'll find I simply said praise is "generally reserved" rather  when  it "should" be lavished.

However, it is indeed my personal opinion that the OP was far too generous with his praise for this firm which didn't do anything exceptional at all. 

Regardless, my opinion on this matter is just as valid here as yours and everyone else's :)