»

Gas / Elect daily use calculator

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: NEW MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH 31/3
RESCUE FLIGHTS FOR STRANDED BRITS * SCHOOL MEALS VOUCHERS * BRIGHTHOUSE COLLAPSES

Gas / Elect daily use calculator

8 replies 131 views
hawkwinddotcomhawkwinddotcom Forumite
516 posts
Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Photogenic
✭✭
Hopefully someone can help.
When I was with Scottish power, I could input as many daily readings as I wanted and it would show me what my daily usage was for 2 rates of elect and also gas, which i thought was useful.
Sadly since moving to EDF via bulb and having smart meters I dont have the useful info (ihd doesnt work properly yet).
Does anyone have an Excel sheet that, they could share, they use for an easy input and read.
3.78 kWp PV SolarEdge with iBoost South facing.
30° pitch roof 4% shading. Installed 6th June 18.
Gloucester

Replies

• tim_ptim_p Forumite
    51 posts
    10 Posts Second Anniversary
    No replies so here’s what I do / use. I’ve got an iPad app that lets me enter as many meter readings as I like. Been doing this for a good few years now, so have quite a history of not only gas, electric, water and solar generation but also that of a couple of family members too. 
  • PennineAcutePennineAcute Forumite
    607 posts
    500 Posts Third Anniversary
    ✭✭
    As I have a standard meter, my spreadsheet would be of no use to you.  Also, not rich enough for MS Office, I have to make do with Libre Office.
  • hawkwinddotcomhawkwinddotcom Forumite
    516 posts
    ✭✭
    tim_p said:
    No replies so here’s what I do / use. I’ve got an iPad app that lets me enter as many meter readings as I like. Been doing this for a good few years now, so have quite a history of not only gas, electric, water and solar generation but also that of a couple of family members too. 
    Whats the name of the app, on the off chance there is an android version?

Gloucester
  • hawkwinddotcomhawkwinddotcom Forumite
    516 posts
    ✭✭
    As I have a standard meter, my spreadsheet would be of no use to you.  Also, not rich enough for MS Office, I have to make do with Libre Office.
    NOT MSE, but i paid £6.79 on ebay
    Gloucester
  • tim_ptim_p Forumite
    51 posts
    10 Posts Second Anniversary
    tim_p said:
    Whats the name of the app, on the off chance there is an android version?

It’s called ‘Meters’ ( original huh?) but just checked the support page and the author makes a big point of saying there isn’t an Android version. There’s bound to be something similar or better, no doubt an Android user will be along to advise. A Spreadsheet will do exactly the same job but this just works, sadly IOS only though. 
  • mac.dmac.d Forumite
    998 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if its exactly what you are looking for, but you could try the Energy Consumption Analyzer App
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=at.topfen.ecas&hl=en_GB
  • PennineAcutePennineAcute Forumite
    607 posts
    500 Posts Third Anniversary
    ✭✭
    NOT MSE, but i paid £6.79 on ebay

Thanks for that, I will have a look.
  • SwipeSwipe Forumite
    2.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a nice weekend project to learn how to create one yourself.