Bathroom shower

I am looking to get my raised shower tray removed, and a non slip floor installed. There is already a 100 mm drain installed underneath.
 I have approached a number of plumbers but none seem to install this flooring. Where do I start and has anyone an idea of cost.
 I have attached a few photos.

Comments

• Carrot007
    Carrot007 Posts: 4,534 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Are you wanting a wet room. That is a complex task and would need the whole floor tanking (unless you want it to leak, like it did at my house when I moved it thanks to the previous idiots!). As such everything would need removing and you would be better off getting new stuff in.

What are you trying to achieve? Shower tray to slippy. A matt is a cheap solution there. Or you can get the tray (I'm sure there is a better word but hey let's go with what is coming) scratched with a pattern to make in non slippy.
  • beduth
    beduth Posts: 91 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Just looking for the shower area to be done, it is in a bungalow with brick wall on both sides. Alternatively I will fit a low level shower tray. 
  • Doozergirl
    Doozergirl Posts: 33,813 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    beduth said:
    Just looking for the shower area to be done, it is in a bungalow with brick wall on both sides. Alternatively I will fit a low level shower tray. 
    Just the kit is about £500, plus new tiles/flooring and a screen.  You have to extend up the walls and out past the shower, you can't just do a small area as the joints around it will leak.  It isn't flooring it's a wet *room* .  That doesn't necessarily mean the entire room but it does mean walls and floor that might get wet. 

You have a low level shower tray right there, it just seems to have some kind of odd looking raising kit in it.  It may well just be a case of re-plumbing under the floor to it lay flush.  Someone needs to get under there to check . 
    Everything that is supposed to be in heaven is already here on earth.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure