Statute Barred Debt And Credit File-Clarification

Hi all,

I have a debt with one of the banks which is due to go SB in the next few months, and has shown as defaulted on my file for almost 6 years of first default date.

Once it reaches the 6 year date, does the account drop off my credit file or will it continue?

TIA

Comments

• Willing2Learn
    Willing2Learn Posts: 6,294 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 19 February 2020 at 10:02PM
    What do you mean by "first default"?  An account can only be defaulted once only.

As far as your three credit files are concerned, the account will be automatically removed six years from the date of default.
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • What do you mean by "first default"?  An account can only be defaulted once only.

As far as your three credit files are concerned, the account will be automatically removed six years from the date of default.
    Thank you this is the info I was looking for, account has been marked as open and in default status for almost 6 years.
  • boo_star
    boo_star Posts: 3,202 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    What do you mean by "first default"?  An account can only be defaulted once only.

Thank you this is the info I was looking for, account has been marked as open and in default status for almost 6 years.
    It will drop off 6 years from the date of default.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure