Blackhorse delay

Options
Hi,need a bit of help,I wrote to Blackhorse in 2016 about two loans/finance which I was certain I had ppi on them dating back in the early 00s,I revived a letter around about 3 weeks later saying I NEVER had ppi on both loans so me trusting the banks I left it at that,then out of the blue I received a letter on the 28th August 2019(ppi deadline day)saying they have updated there computers and amazingly had found both loans had ppi with them and they were gonna go through the ppi claims route and have me a outcome within the 8 weeks,here I am in February 2020 5-6 months later with a few letters asking for another 8 weeks extension,my main question is that if they come back with the finance I took out for a car loan with a car company called evens Halshaw and say they sold me the ppi (which they did)then the 3 years Blackhorse lied to me has left me no more time to put a ppi claim in to the garage company because the deadline has past,have I got a case for compensation of black horse for this?
any help would be great hope it makes sense 👍

Comments

• -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,501 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Car dealers [ except in cases where there was a direct relationship between the dealer and BH were not regulated prior to 2005 and would have dismissed your complaint. If Black Horse finds they are liable for the sale of the PPI they will uphold your complaint. In your case you would not be due any compensation if they find they are not liable.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • Stet39
    Options
    Hi thanks for that,the loan was 2003 and the car finance was 2006
  • SonOf
    SonOf Posts: 2,631 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    saying they have updated there computers and amazingly had found both loans had ppi with them and they were gonna go through the ppi claims route and have me a outcome within the 8 weeks
    Its not amazing.   Black Horse were known to be bringing old archived data back online (like a number of other lenders) and checking back on people that had complained or raised enquiries before.     

here I am in February 2020 5-6 months later with a few letters asking for another 8 weeks extension,my main question is that if they come back with the finance I took out for a car loan with a car company called evens Halshaw and say they sold me the ppi (which they did)then the 3 years Blackhorse lied to me has left me no more time to put a ppi claim in to the garage company because the deadline has past,
    They have not lied to you.  At the time of your original enquiry, they had no records available that showed you paid PPI.  
    If you know the car dealer sold the PPI then you should have raised the complaint with the car dealer. 

have I got a case for compensation of black horse for this?
    No.    
  • Stet39
    Options
    But didn’t black horse/Lloyd’s get a hefty fine for not releasing info on ppi and hiding information from customers,might be wrong but I’m sure I heard it a couple of years back 🤔
  • SonOf
    Options
    Stet39 said:
    But didn’t black horse/Lloyd’s get a hefty fine for not releasing info on ppi and hiding information from customers,might be wrong but I’m sure I heard it a couple of years back 🤔
    Do not mistake Lloyds retail banking with Black Horse.
  • jediknight49
    jediknight49 Posts: 98 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 20 February 2020 at 12:43PM
    Options
    I'm in the same boat with Black Horse.
    They contacted me back in early Sept '19 saying they had now found that i did in fact have PPI with them on 4 separate accounts and they were now investigating. Don't believe these were for Car loans as one's i had for cars were Barclays Finance / Peugeot Finance.

I heard nothing nothing more from them so in late November i called and was told nothing had progressed and that they would need to add me back into the queue / system, so basically starting the whole process again from that point, and wasting several weeks.

Called again late January '20 for an update and was told nothing had progressed, still in the queue waiting to be looked at. They did say the upside was the longer i wait, the more compensation i get. Yes, but i also get more tax added.

Very frustrating but it's all part of the game played with these companies unfortunately. 
  • SonOf
    Options
    They did say the upside was the longer i wait, the more compensation i get. Yes, but i also get more tax added.
    Tax is less than the interest. So, you are still up overall. Plus, you have the interest allowance which only around 5% breach each year.

Very frustrating but it's all part of the game played with these companies unfortunately. 
    There is no game.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 22 February 2020 at 9:40PM
    Options

it's all part of the game played with these companies unfortunately. 
    There really is no "game". 
    There is still a huge backlog of complaints due to a massive influx of last minute complaints prior to the deadline. 
    Regardless of any extra interest (and extra tax), you do realise that your complaint could yet be rejected entirely with no refund being made? 

So your complaint has yet to be looked at for a very valid reason and you need to realise that the Bank have absolutely nothing to gain from intentionally delaying scrutiny of it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure