New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: Stay up to date with the latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
Stay updated with our guides: Coronavirus Help & Your Rights * Coronavirus Travel Rights
NEWSFLASH 27/03
MARTINS VIDEO FOR SELF-EMPLOYED * DELAY HOUSE MOVES * EUROSTAR UPDATE

Comping Guide

8 replies 231 views
mumto2boysmumto2boys Forumite
7.8K posts
Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
✭✭✭✭
Having just skimmed through the comping guide to find something, have noticed its really out of date, not just with the new forum but even with the info, it mentions Golden Balls comps for instance which haven't run for years!  How do we go about updating/rewriting it?
#BeKind

Replies

• mjm3346mjm3346 Forumite
    43.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The existing guide is properly old and obviously takes no account of the new forum and other things that are now not applicable so with so much to change starting a new one would probably be best
    Internet goodness £27654 ckllvwc2btfb.gif
  • mumto2boysmumto2boys Forumite
    7.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any volunteers? Does @VelvetGlove still have an interest in updating it?
    #BeKind
  • fire**flyfire**fly Forumite
    145.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Any volunteers? Does @VelvetGlove still have an interest in updating it?
    not sure if  @VelvetGlove is aware that the new forum has changed  the pages on the comping guide maybe be helpful to pm them?  
    6zil9xvwtufh.png please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly.

7.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have just pm'd them :) 
    #BeKind
  • fire**flyfire**fly Forumite
    145.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Have just pm'd them :) 
    mumto2boys o:) thank you.  :)
    6zil9xvwtufh.png please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly.

• toniqtoniq Forumite
    29.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love you @VelvetGlove xxxxxxx
    #JusticeForGrenfell
    7.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for your reply, you make lots of sense in what you say about holding off for a while.  I'm glad you have it in hand as such, it is a mammoth task so I don't envy you but I'm glad you are still around and happy to update it as the forum sorts out the snags. 

For what it's worth, I update the Daily thread most days with no issues, and that carried over from the old forum.  It's no where near as big as your guide, but the edits do work.  I did copy and paste to a separate document when the forum changed just in case, but it all seems to be ok... touch wood. 

Thanks again, and I look forward to reading Chapter 2 at some point :) 

#BeKind