»

Does a credit card show as a 'loan account' on PPI claim response?

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: NEW MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH 31/3
RESCUE FLIGHTS FOR STRANDED BRITS * SCHOOL MEALS VOUCHERS * BRIGHTHOUSE COLLAPSES

Does a credit card show as a 'loan account' on PPI claim response?

2 replies 41 views
tipso_calipsotipso_calipso Forumite
6 posts
MoneySaving Newbie
Hi,  After waiting months for a reply because I'd claimed on the last day I have received 3 rejection letters stating a charge for PPI was not made against each account. Each letter notes an account number and refers to the accounts as 'loan account'.  I can only ever remember 1 loan, but the PPI was never charged against that loan, it was charged against my credit card from 2003-2019.  Would the credit card show as a 'loan account' on the rejection letter or should I be waiting for another letter that specifically says it's for the credit card?
Thanks,

Replies

• zx81zx81 Forumite
    26.9K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It could do.  Ask the lender.
  • edited 17 February at 2:54PM
    MoneyineptitudeMoneyineptitude Forumite
    26K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 17 February at 2:54PM
    tipso_calipso said:Each letter notes an account number and refers to the accounts as 'loan account'.  I can only ever remember 1 loan, but the PPI was never charged against that loan, it was charged against my credit card from 2003-2019.  Would the credit card show as a 'loan account' on the rejection letter or should I be waiting for another letter that specifically says it's for the credit card?

Regardless of the seeming confusion between between loan and credit card accounts, the period you are complaining about is very late for PPI to have been applied. Certainly you won't have been paying ANY PPI on your credit card after 2008 which is the year it ceased to be offered by the Banks. 

In addition, PPI on credit cards was only charged when the account had an outstanding balance, so it's possible to have had a PPI policy without actually paying any PPI.  

As above, you should seek clarification directly from your bank as to what specific accounts  the rejection letters refer to..