»

Does anyone use or take CBD products or oils?

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: NEW MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH
FOREIGN OFFICE TRAVEL ADVICE * FURLOUGH UPDATE * MORTGAGE LENDING

Does anyone use or take CBD products or oils?

8 replies 113 views
Keep seeing CBD everywhere in articles and even our local health food had it advertised in the window.
Does anyone here use CBD oil in anything (coffee, cakes etc) and most important of all, what is the feeling you get from taking it!
My cannabis smoking days are long over, but interested to hear thoughts on this latest "craze"
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2019/may/05/cbd-a-marijuana-miracle-or-another-health-fad-cannabidiol-anxiety-epilepsy

Replies

• edited 28 March at 3:39PM
    Kevin5566Kevin5566 Forumite
    20 posts
    10 Posts
    edited 28 March at 3:39PM
    I use CBD oil. It helps me to reduce stress and beat my insomnia. After taking it I feel relaxed. Also I've recently looked through CBD reviews and found out about ice-cream with a CBD infused treat. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm going to. It might be delicious  :)  
  • sophiaisabellasophiaisabella Forumite
    1 posts
    First Post Photogenic
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Since last month, I was not feeling well due to anxiety. One day, my friend told me about CBD products for anxiety, but I was worried about using it. I reviewed on the internet and got that these are natural products. Now, I sleep well and do my work properly.
  • TeodorBlaickTeodorBlaick Forumite
    12 posts
    10 Posts Photogenic
    MoneySaving Newbie
    I used CBD oil, but I didn't notice any changes, so I've given up. I think all these facts about CBD oil are illusions.
  • prowlaprowla Forumite
    11.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a load of junk emails about it and decided it was snake oil.
  • edited 3 April at 8:19AM
    BrowntoaBrowntoa Forumite, Board Guide
    45.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 3 April at 8:19AM
    This thread does attract a lot of spammers

Posts are regularly deleted
    Links in my signature currently broken
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's , Boost your income and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to [email protected] Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • QuackQuackOopsQuackQuackOops Forumite
    1.9K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    I tried it, it was useless.
    My Mother tried it, she said it was useless
    My other half tried it, said it was useless.
    My daughter tried it, she said it was useless.

So I did some research with real people and I have yet to meet anyone who has used it and say it works well.

You might as well use olive oil.
  • ka7eka7e Forumite
    2.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have used CBD oil occasionally for anxiety and it has definitely helped. No "feel good" rush, just helps clear my head and I can put things in perspective. I use a brand that advocates using a low dose and build up until you find the "sweet spot" that works for you. They believe many brands are too potent and can actually exacerbate symptoms. Their FB page has lots of information and personal experiences. https://www.facebook.com/groups/SimplyCBD

"Cheap", "Fast", "Right" -- pick two.
  • AmyPangAmyPang Forumite
    2 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    I tried on my acne proven skin as it was recommended for acne. I got some improvement from other remedies I have been using. Anyway, It's not suitable using any medication without professional advice as the same medication may react differently on different people