New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: NEW MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH 31/3
RESCUE FLIGHTS FOR STRANDED BRITS * SCHOOL MEALS VOUCHERS * BRIGHTHOUSE COLLAPSES

Speeding

21 replies 951 views
belle151257belle151257 Forumite
1 posts
MoneySaving Newbie
Do you know if you can get speeding ticket on same stretch over four days

Replies

• If you mean that the four tickets were issued, on each of four days, then I would say, yes of course you can. Or even four separate times on the same day.
    Why shouldn't you if you were speeding on each occasion?
  • Robin9Robin9 Forumite
    5.9K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know of a case where someone had three in an hour - going to town, coming back home  and going to town again !   An expensive afternoon.
    Never pay on an estimated bill
  • neilmclneilmcl Forumite
    14.8K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely you can, what made you think you couldn't, or more importantly shouldn't be liable.
  • Aylesbury_DuckAylesbury_Duck Forumite
    5.9K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is this a joke question?  Why on earth would anyone think that it would be anything other than possible?
  • edited 15 February at 3:44PM
    facadefacade Forumite
    4.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 15 February at 3:44PM
    Is this a joke question?  Why on earth would anyone think that it would be anything other than possible?

Some people feel that if say the driver was mistaken about the speed limit, then they wouldn't have any chance to modify their behaviour/learn from being caught as they can rack up 15 or more points worth of PCNs before they even realise they were in the wrong. 

Other people however feel that anyone who doesn't. for example, know that street-lighting = 30mph even on a deserted dual carriageway in the middle of no-where, or that the speed limit begins at the sign should go to prison for 1000 years, in an iron coffin with spikes on the inside. :o

If that were the case, getting shares in an iron coffin with spikes on the inside factory would be a good idea, as there are a lot of people who don't seem to know ;)

I want to go back to The Olden Days, when every single thing that I can think of was better.....

(except air quality and Medical Science ;))
  • Car_54Car_54 Forumite
    5.2K posts
    1,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    facade said:

Some people feel that if say the driver was mistaken about the speed limit, then they wouldn't have any chance to modify their behaviour/learn from being caught as they can rack up 15 or more points worth of PCNs before they even realise they were in the wrong. 

There is also a significant number of drivers (at least judging from posts on Pepipoo) who did know they were in the wrong but didn't know there was a camera. They too are aggrieved when caught multiple times.
    FWIW I tend towards the spiked coffin school of thought.

• JackmydadJackmydad Forumite
    8.9K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Electrified spikes! 
    But seriously, a bit of slack wouldn't hurt (perhaps) for minor speeding in the same place on the same day.
    Not that there is any such "slack" of course, but we all make mistakes.
    Habitual speeders will soon get the message whatever.
    Reminds me of an old joke seen in one of the mags years ago. 
    Something like "You can go as fast as you like for just as long as your licence holds out"

• edited 15 February at 6:26PM
    facadefacade Forumite
    4.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 15 February at 6:26PM
    It can happen, even to a Total Driving God like myself  :o
    One day my usual rat-run home was blocked for a couple of weeks by roadworks, so I went The Other Way.
    Now The Other Way has always been a 40 limit, ever since the man walking in front with a flag was abolished, but the b#####s had dropped it to 30 since the last time I went that way.
    I didn't notice that the 40 repeater wasn't there any more, so I wickedly & recklessly drove at exactly the same immeasurably dangerous speed that would cause death & destruction that wasn't immeasurably dangerous for many many years before.

And I got stopped by one of those almost mythical "policemen" :o

Luckily I passed the attitude test. :)

Now if there had been a camera, I'd have driven past that every day, convinced I was inside the speed limit, and if the first NIP took a week to arrive, I'd have got 15 points worth, plus a course before I even knew about the change in the limit.

So I would have lost my licence for a while, and my job, and all my children would starve, and not be able to buy the latest games, just because I didn't not see something that I hadn't looked for not being there, because I "knew" it was there, and had been there for my entire driving career.

I want to go back to The Olden Days, when every single thing that I can think of was better.....

(except air quality and Medical Science ;))
  • Jazzy121Jazzy121 Forumite
    4 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Yes 100%
  • aardvaakaardvaak Forumite
    5.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Possible spam?
    1st post!