New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

iWeb

20 replies 1.1K views
2»

Replies

• DiamondLilDiamondLil Forumite
    381 posts
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    I have isas with IWeb; I've sold some investments and purchased others, all within the isa. Once sold, the proceeds stay as cash in the isa until I decide to buy something else. The funds never leave the isa wrapper so no allowances are lost. Been doing this for years.
  • slingaslinga Forumite
    1.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks both.
    So just to confirm, I sell 'x' number of units, wait for notification of the monetary amount in GBP sold, then buy whatever new ISA I want again for a monetary amount.
    If there is still some cash left over from the sale that stays in my account as ISA cash until I decide what I want to do with it.???
    It's your money. Except if it's the governments.
  • masonicmasonic Forumite
    14.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes @slinga exactly. You can leave uninvested cash in a S&S ISA without it losing its ISA status, although you won't receive any interest on uninvested cash.
  • talexusertalexuser Forumite
    3.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you sell from your ISA the cash stays in the ISA for reinvestment, if you sell from your unwrapped it stays in unwrapped. If you want the ISA cash elswhere you do an ISA transfer from the new provider and it stays tax protected.
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • benbay001benbay001 Forumite
    230 posts
    100 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    slinga said:
    wait for notification of the monetary amount in GBP sold
    Just to be safe, i would wait until the bit in red displays the ammount you intend to invest, rather than relying upon sold emails.

Saving Pennys To Pay For Petrol Powered Toys
    Im A Budding Neil Woodford.
  • tel_tel_ Forumite
    222 posts
    100 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    I've just found this existing thread by searching, so will post here:

Do iWeb charge £5 to change to a different fund?

I know they charge £5 for a 'dealing' charge each time. Does this include switching funds?

I found this a bit sketchy looking at their website.

• bundoranbundoran Forumite
    73 posts
    10 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    tel_ said:
    I've just found this existing thread by searching, so will post here:

Do iWeb charge £5 to change to a different fund?

I know they charge £5 for a 'dealing' charge each time. Does this include switching funds?

I found this a bit sketchy looking at their website.

You pay £5 to sell the fund you currently own, then £5 to buy the fund you want to buy.
  • Eco_MiserEco_Miser Forumite
    4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    As mentioned above, iWeb don't have a 'switch' facility, you have to sell and then buy, at £5 a time, for a total of £10. This still compares favourably with other platforms, for long-term low activity accounts.
    Eco Miser
    Saving money for well over half a century

• tel_tel_ Forumite
    222 posts
    100 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Thanks for clarifying Eco_Miser bundoran.

Much appreciated.