Forum Home» Boost Your Income

How to earn from market research - MSE Team Blog Discussion

New Post Advanced Search

How to earn from market research - MSE Team Blog Discussion

edited 31 March at 1:45PM in Boost Your Income
5 replies 3.8K views
MSE_KelvinMSE_Kelvin MSE Staff
131 posts
10 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper Newshound!
MSE Staff
edited 31 March at 1:45PM in Boost Your Income
If you’re willing to give your views on anything from Fantasy Football to chocolate spread or luxury cars, you could walk away with £50-£150 from taking part in a market research focus group. The best bit is you don't need any special skills or knowledge - you just need to be yourself. 

Read MSE Jenny's full blog:
How to earn from market research focus groups

Replies

• kevinburrowkevinburrow Forumite
    12 posts
    10 Posts Photogenic
    These are usually based in big cities, which is the only problem for those not very near any.
    We have removed your signature - please contact the forum team if you are not sure why - Forum Team
  • MollyDollyMollyDolly Forumite
    841 posts
    Seventh Anniversary 500 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for the read, I really should apply for more of the focus groups.  I've taken part in several over the years and they pay really well, often cash in hand.  My favourite was 2 hours discussing/testing  drinks such as Innocent in Manchester for which I received £100.  I am signed up to several mentioned in Jenny's blog and a few others besides but I often forget to apply/respond.  Thanks for the renewed enthusiasm. :)
  • ladymoneymagnetladymoneymagnet Forumite
    2 posts
    Sixth Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi does anyone have experience of prolific?
    TIA 
    Money isn't everything but I would rather be miserable in abject luxury.
  • behelpfulbehelpful Forumite
    7 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Initial Experiences
    I've recently signed up to the recommended focus groups; here are my experiences
    • signing up to Angelfish and Bunnyfields: they don't recognise you pressing the Submit button in Firefox, but do in Edge. Who tested your web pages guys!
    • they collect demographic information at sign up
    • some allow you to search the website for opportunities, some don't
    • you will get emails about demographically irrelevant opportunities
    • in responding to opportunities you will have to fill in your demographic information all over again! Every time!

• silvercarsilvercar Forumite, Board Guide
    41.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi does anyone have experience of prolific?
    TIA 
    There is a whole thread running on prolific. Generally it is very good for small earnings, the average reward is probably under £1, but it all adds up.
    You need to enter a lot of data when you register, but prolific guarantee that once you are accepted on a survey you won't be thrown out on the basis of further demographics.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debate House Prices & the Economy, House Buying, Renting & Selling, Mortgages and Endowments, In My Home incl DIY, Overseas Holidays & Student boards.
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to [email protected]. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com.