New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: NEW MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH 31/3
RESCUE FLIGHTS FOR STRANDED BRITS * SCHOOL MEALS VOUCHERS * BRIGHTHOUSE COLLAPSES

LF ASI Income Focus

14 replies 374 views
 Formerly called the Woodford Income Focus Fund, this fund has reopened today. Thomas Moore and Charles Luke,  are re-positioning the portfolio... ( info from HL site )
Anyone have any thoughts on this? Is it worth putting a small amount in now or waiting?

Replies

• piorunspioruns Forumite
    141 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper First Anniversary
    I would never dare to invest into this.
    Why would you put a small amount into that, what is your goal? There is so many great investment funds out there.
    Debt & mortgage free since 2011
  • a_gasmana_gasman Forumite
    15 posts
    10 Posts First Anniversary
    My goal would be having a bit of fun / risk.
  • coyrlscoyrls Forumite
    1.4K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    I never understand this "fun" comment, which seems to crop up quite often; surely you can find better ways to have fun?
  • till_kingdom_cometill_kingdom_come Forumite
    1 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Everybody likes a bit of risk / fun, until they get punched in the mouth :)
  • edited 13 February at 10:07PM
    a_gasmana_gasman Forumite
    15 posts
    edited 13 February at 10:07PM
    coyrls said:
    I never understand this "fun" comment, which seems to crop up quite often; surely you can find better ways to have fun?
      I have many ways of having fun, if you can't understant the fun comment you are taking life too seriously.
      A few thousand  for a bit off  fun wont break the bank. The fund has been  repositioned  so its not the fund that
    lost money for the last two years.
    15 posts
    Everybody likes a bit of risk / fun, until they get punched in the mouth :)

So true, I have other funds that are defensive to stop that punch in the mouth If you can't take an occasional punch then perhaps
    investing is not for you.      
    Currently being punched in the mouth by Lindsell Train Global Equity but hey ho you only lose money if you sell when the price is lower than you paid to buy. Have fun.

• coyrlscoyrls Forumite
    1.4K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    a_gasman said:
    coyrls said:
      I have many ways of having fun, if you can't understant the fun comment you are taking life too seriously.
      A few thousand  for a bit off  fun wont break the bank. The fund has been  repositioned  so its not the fund that
    lost money for the last two years.

You think I take life too seriously because I don't think buying a fund is a good way to have fun?  There are indeed many ways of having fun but buying a fund wouldn't be on my list.
  • LintonLinton Forumite
    12.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Hung up my suit!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The focus is on high dividend income from a UK mainly small company portfolio. It looks as if it could be possibly find a place in my income portfolio at some stage.  Not at the moment though as I already hold Man GLG UK Income which is evenly balanced between Large/Medium/Small companies and has been performing very well.  In any case it would be better to wait a few years for LF ASI Income to have a gained a track record.
    15 posts
    Linton, many thanks for answering the question and the information regarding Man GLG UK income.
  • aroominyorkaroominyork Forumite
    1.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    I get the fun of picking a niche company's shares and tracking its performance. On a quiet day I might get the fun of dabbling in a high risk fund like Legg Mason Japan. But a new manager for a run of the mill UK fund? Nope, I don't see the fun in that.