»

Pizza Express no longer accepting Meerkat Meals 2 for 1

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: NEW MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH 31/3
RESCUE FLIGHTS FOR STRANDED BRITS * SCHOOL MEALS VOUCHERS * BRIGHTHOUSE COLLAPSES

Pizza Express no longer accepting Meerkat Meals 2 for 1

1 reply 239 views
FirstwatchFirstwatch Forumite
282 posts
✭✭
Hello All,
Just wanted to post a Heads up - to maybe avoid a bit of embarrassment when getting the Bill - in that Pizza Express no longer seems to be accepting the Meerkat 2 for 1 deal.
I was there yesterday and Pizza Express had disapppeared off the restaurants near you that appear if you have location services enabled, but I didn't think anything of it and chose the "I'm somewhere else" option.
The QR code/membership number didn't scan/work when the Waitress came to take the code, so she checked with the Manager and found out that P.E. wasn't participating anymore.
I have an NUS card which still gives me 30% off food and drink Sun-Thurs, so that helped a bit, but wouldn't it have been better if the Meerkat / Pizza express app would have sent me a notification that this was happening? Maybe they think it is not their interest, but I reckon letting your customers down gently is pretty important myself.
Hope this helps somebody.

Replies

• KatrinaWavesKatrinaWaves Forumite
    1.6K posts
    1,000 Posts Name Dropper First Anniversary
    ✭✭✭

I was there yesterday and Pizza Express had disapppeared off the restaurants near you that appear if you have location services enabled, but I didn't think anything of it and chose the "I'm somewhere else" option.

I mean not trying to be rude but this really was your first clue, or at least the prompt to check before ordering...