Tiling advice please

Options
2»

Comments

• JayneGresford
    Options
     The tiles used are Nest white glazed ceramic by Love, we have not been able to take a tile to someone else to see how they cut as the tiler took all our spare tiles with him! 
    Can you buy another pack and see if FreeBear's advice regarding a wet diamond wheel gives a neater cut? 

The bit of wood is probably the best answer by the door (given their other cuts you'd be left with a load of overly chipped titles) but they haven't left a tidy finish for you paint over. 

The way the tiles line up in the first photo would bug me the most, did the same company tile the floor as well? 
    Yes they have done all the work, but we have had 4 different tilers! 
  • Doozergirl
    Doozergirl Posts: 33,841 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The best thing to have done by the door would have been to take the architrave off, tile then replace it, or even just replace a bigger architrave.   We've done that too many times to count.  I couldn't cope with leaving something like that.  

I don't know how to respond to your man.  It isn't acceptable, it wouldn't meet the standards we expect in our company by a long shot.  It's amateurish.  If we came across an issue, we'd talk it through as a team and find the best way forward.  If it was felt that it would be a compromise for the client then we'd involve them too.  

If the tiles cut that badly, then we would talk to the client about that too before sticking them all over the walls.  It's never happened though.  And then we'd have to talk about the grout the minute it started going on and looking like that.  That's never happened either.    

4 tilers?!  No wonder no-one has thought about it properly.  That's unacceptable in itself.  How does that even happen?  
    Everything that is supposed to be in heaven is already here on earth.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure