Coronavirus: The latest from MSE
The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides
New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions
E: 12/05 midday (+3 days postal) Win a Trip to Explore Edinburgh & The Waverley Line
WIN A TRIP TO EXPLORE EDINBURGH & THE WAVERLEY LINE
We’re giving you the chance to get out and explore one of the lost railways from this series.
You and a guest could be heading to Edinburgh for a two night stay, in a Designer Suite at the Radisson Collection Hotel, Royal Mile – located right in the heart of Edinburgh’s old town.
From here, you’ll take a return trip aboard the Borders Railway to Tweedbank, where you can walk across the impressive Redbridge Viaduct, part of the old Waverley Line.
You’ll head to Abbotsford for refreshments with an afternoon tea while you’re there.
So for your chance to win this impressive trip to Scotland for two and £1,000, all you have to do is:
Text TRACK to 65555
Post your name and phone number to:
TRACK, PO Box 7557, Derby DE1 0NP
Texts cost £2.00 + 1 message at standard network rate. To opt in to marketing texts send IN to 65555 (1 message at standard network rate).
Lines close Midday 12th May 2020 and 3 working days later for postal entries. Entries received after the competition closes will not count but may be charged.
Competition rules here
You can find a list of recently closed competition winners here
Find more chances to win with 5 hereWALKING BRITAIN’S LOST RAILWAYS S2 COMPETITION – ADDITIONAL T&CS
The 29 for 15 Special Offer applies to text and call entries to this competition where you could get 29 entries for the price of 15. For terms see General Terms and Conditions hereCompetition opens at 12:00 on 07.02.2020Competition closes at midday on 12.05.2020 and 3 working days later for postal entries.
1) The prize comprises:
a) Standard class return rail travel for two from UK mainland station nearest to the prize winner’s home address to Edinburgh, Scotland or return economy class flights to Edinburgh airport from the winner’s closest major UK airport;
b) Return private transfers for two between Edinburgh train station or Edinburgh airport and the hotel;
c) Two (2) nights’ accommodation for two at Radisson Collection Hotel Royal Mile Edinburgh, based on the prize winner and their companion sharing a Design Suite on a bed and breakfast basis (subject to availability);
d) Two (2) return day tickets for a trip aboard the Borders Railway from Edinburgh Waverley to Tweedbank, including return private transfers between the hotel and Edinburgh Waverley railway station;
e) Admission for two to Abbotsford House, chapel and garden;
f) Afternoon tea for two at Abbotsford House; and
g) £500 spending money.
2) The prize winner must book their trip within 28 days of their congratulations e-mail from Element being sent and at least six weeks in advance of their preferred departure date or the prize may be forfeited.
3) The prize must be taken and completed within 12 months of the congratulations e-mail from Element being sent and cannot be taken from 1st August 2020 to 31st August 2020, over Christmas and New Year (19th December 2020 to 3rd January 2021) Easter weekend (2nd April 2021 to 5th April 2021) or UK Bank Holidays (3rd May 2021 and 31st May 2021).
4) Should the prize winner prefer to drive themselves a mileage allowance up to the value of £200 will be offered and the rail allowance and taxi transfers will be forfeited. The allowance will be calculated at 45p per mile from the prize winner’s home address to the hotel.
1) Entrants must be aged 18 or over. If any of the prize winner’s companions are aged under 18, they must have prior parental or guardian permission. Please note that either the prize winner or their companion will need a current and valid credit card in order to check in at the hotel for security deposit purposes.
2) The prize excludes transfers between the winner’s home and the train station/airport, drinks, additional meals, excursions, attractions, spa treatments, gratuities, personal expenses, travel insurance and all other costs and arrangements not expressly included in the prize.
3) The prize and all its elements are subject to availability. Neither Channel 5 nor Element will accept responsibility for the hotel or any facilities / elements of the prize being unavailable, withdrawn or amended.
4) There is no cash alternative or refund for unused portions of the prize.
5) Any amendments made by the prize winner after the booking is confirmed may be subject to administration charges levied by the specific supplier. Any such charges will be the responsibility of the prize winner.
6) A cheque for the spending money included in the prize will be issued in the prize winner’s name within 14 days of the holiday booking being confirmed.
7) Video footage and images provided by Radisson Collection, Abbotsford House, Marketing Edinburgh, Scotrail and Visit Scotland.
8) The Prize Provider of the trip to Edinburgh is Element London Limited, 5 Morie Street, London SW18 1SL.