Forum Home» In my home (includes DIY) MoneySaving» Is This Quote Fair?

small claims court for dissolved Ltd company, but the plumber has reset himself as a different name

New Post Advanced Search

small claims court for dissolved Ltd company, but the plumber has reset himself as a different name

2 replies 62 views
Hi Can anyone advise me on going after a plumber  who significantly over charged, didnt complete the works and had already filed to be dissolved. Hes now set himself up in a new Ltd company name. Do i  go after him personally, or the new company as hes the managing director, previously he was only the director. I also see he last filed his accounts in 2016, but has taken money off us since then, I think we transfered money into his personal account - how do I know?

Replies

• tacpot12tacpot12 Forumite
    3.7K posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    You won't know whose account you transferred the money to, the current banking systems don't tell you. This is why the banks are being forced to introduce the "Confirmation of Payee" functionality to do this in future. 
    You can't sue his new Ltd. company, but if your contract was with him as a sole trader, he is personally liable and you can sue him. If your contract was with a previous limited company that has now dissolved, you can't sue that previous company. 
    You couldn't sue him for overcharging because you agree to pay. You might have sued him for not completing the works.
    The comments I post are my personal opinion. While I try to check everything is correct before posting, I can and do make mistakes, so always check official information sources before relying on my posts.
  • pogofishpogofish Forumite
    10.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m really struggling to see any sort of joke here?