New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: NEW MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH 31/3
RESCUE FLIGHTS FOR STRANDED BRITS * SCHOOL MEALS VOUCHERS * BRIGHTHOUSE COLLAPSES

Nearing discharge

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Bankruptcy & Living With It
5 replies 498 views
Tom77892Tom77892 Forumite
2 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Bankruptcy & Living With It
Hi Everyone,

I'm just under 8 weeks away from discharge. I've had no contact from the OR other than an email 10 months ago asking if I'd ever owned property. I'm wondering if this is usual? I'm aware I may be subject to a BRO/BRU and I'm unsure how long they leave it to contact you again?

Many thanks for your help.

Tom

Replies

• Head_BurriedHead_Burried Forumite
    22 posts
    10 Posts
    Hi Tom,

I never heard from my OR after my initial telephone call with her.

There is no email or letter that arrives to confirm you are discharged. Once your 12 months is up then check the insolvency register and the chances are it will say 'Discharged' next to your name.

I'd presume if you were subject to a BRO/BRU then you'd have heard by now.

One piece of advice I'd give is once you are discharged you can email the Insolvency Service and ask them to send you a discharge certificate. This may come in useful down the line if one of your creditors come chasing in the future.

Head (Not So) Burried
  • Tom77892Tom77892 Forumite
    2 posts
    Thanks for the info I'm hoping this means everything is going smoothly. Does anyone else have a different experience?
  • RattyIrkRattyIrk Forumite
    58 posts
    10 Posts
    In pretty much the exact situation but didn't want to tempt fate by asking!

I had some contact the first few months but none for about 6 months now.

Counting the days ...
  • db2016db2016 Forumite
    332 posts
    Third Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    keep the date in diary, and then email then, i got a PDF copy in email and then i printed off / emailed any that i needed to to anyone who didnt remove / mark me as settled.
  • Minkym00Minkym00 Forumite
    328 posts
    100 Posts First Anniversary
    ✭✭
    If you were going to be subject to a BRO/U then you would know by now.