PorTAventura - suitable for younger kids ?

Options
Has anybody taken younger kids to PortAventura - and is it suitable for a 7 and a 5 year old ?

We took number one son and heir there years ago in his early teens, not sure if the grandkids could hack it until they are a bit older.

Comments

• jonesMUFCforever
    Options
    I would say yes - there are plenty of things to do with young kids there - I have to admit I have not been there for a good few years - my OH thought it would be a waste of time to us oldies when we went to Salou a couple of years back.
    Enjoy.
  • lea2012
    lea2012 Posts: 733 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes there's quite a bit. They have a Sesamoaventura area that is specifically for children under 10, with a big climbing tree in the middle and lots of smaller rides. Theres a big play area next to it too and a couple of others dotted about the park as well.
    Theres a train that runs right round the park and a few other smaller rides dotted about in other areas, kids love Angkor too its very tame but very wet!
    Theres loads of shows for them to inc a bubble show, dancing show and cow boy stunt show. I think they would love it.
    Lea :confused:
  • NoodleDoodleMan
    Options
    Thanks, very useful.
  • MATTR5
    MATTR5 Posts: 1,078 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    I'd say yes but not in the Summer School holidays - I think the Queues and the heat would be a bit much
    Shoulder season so eg May/Jun - Sep/Oct would be great
    They will love the Parade as well (I still sing the song)

Mattr5
    I am a Travel Agent
    My company’s ABTA/ATOL numbers are G9172/6053. MSE doesn't check my status as a Travel Agent, so you need to take my word for it. You can check my ATOL with the CAA. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Travel Agent Code of Conduct.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure