Eon Disability Discount? (PIP/ ESA) Electricity bill Discounts?

gemmaking
gemmaking Posts: 422 Forumite
edited 31 January 2020 at 10:52AM in Disability money matters
For Eon electricity what discounts are available for customers who are on PIP (higher both rates) and /or ESA Support group?

What discounts are available?

Is money towards the electricity bill given/

or a reduction of the amount of bill you pay?

How much can be saved?

What criteria for eligibility ?

and are you getting a reduction in your Eon bill, due to being on disability benefits?

Thank you x

Comments

• Do you really need to spam the boards with the same question?

Google warm home discount
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,672 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Or alternatively go straight to the eon website where all the relevant information is provided.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • Alright, I'll bite:

https://www.eonenergy.com/for-your-home/saving-energy/need-little-extra-help/warm-home-discount/warm-home-discount-form

Halfway down the page is the eligibility section

Also if you own your home https://www.eonenergy.com/home-heating/affordable-warmth.html

Btw the Warm Home Discount is £140 and the criteria are set by DWP so they're the same across all energy providers who are part of the scheme.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,921 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    It may also be too late for this year because applications have been open for quite some months and as well the criteria, it's also a first come first serve basis.

My energy supplier added mine to my account about 7 weeks ago.
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    gemmaking wrote: »
    For Eon electricity what discounts are available for customers who are on PIP (higher both rates) and /or ESA Support group?

How much can be saved?

and are you getting a reduction in your Eon bill, due to being on disability benefits?

Thank you x

Hello gemmaking and already some great advice on here - thanks all.

We offer help to eligible customers on low incomes and in receipt of certain qualifying benefits through the Warm Home Discount scheme. As Spoonie Turtle says, it's worth £140.

You'll need to act quickly as we're looking to close the 2019/20 scheme soon as I posted earlier today on a thread on the Energy Board at the link below.

[FONT=&quot]https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=76787856#post76787856[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The quickest way to apply is by using the application form on our website at the link [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Spoonie Turtle has kindly posted above.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]There's more information on our website including details of what benefits are needed to qualify. All successful applications will be paid by 31 March 2020.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]There are no discounts on our tariffs based on benefits.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Hope this points you in the right direction [/FONT]gemmaking. Please let me know if you need any more details as happy to help.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Alright, I'll bite:

https://www.eonenergy.com/for-your-home/saving-energy/need-little-extra-help/warm-home-discount/warm-home-discount-form

Also if you own your home https://www.eonenergy.com/home-heating/affordable-warmth.html

Btw the Warm Home Discount is £140 and the criteria are set by DWP so they're the same across all energy providers who are part of the scheme.

Spot on advice Spoonie Turtle. Many thanks for posting.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Worth remembering that the WHD for 2020/21 (if it isn't axed) will be open for applications usually from September.
  • Alright, I'll bite:

Turns out I was wrong. DWP set the Core Group criteria, but not the Broader Group:
    How the broader group criteria are chosen
    Ofgem sets the basic criteria for suppliers who offer the Warm Home Discount. Suppliers can also pick additional options and criteria for their customers to qualify for the scheme.

Because suppliers can pick their criteria, there isn’t a single version of the broader group that applies to all suppliers. But Ofgem does need to approve the criteria that each supplier sets. So you may be eligible with one supplier and not another, and the criteria can change each year.
    (From bulb's WHD page)
  • Tim72
    Tim72 Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    gemmaking said:

How much can be saved?

Thank you x

• Tim72
    Tim72 Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    You can save £140 it's credited to your electricity account,you need to be on ESA, pip , council tax credits ,you need to be on 2 of these benefits or on jsa or uc hope this helps Tim72.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure