Monzo App Savings

Options
Just noticed they are doing savings from the app for 1.35 %. 6 months.

I just like the fact it's via them and requires no additional accounts, paperwork to think about??

Obviously not a monzo product, but protected via fscs

Any thoughts on this from the experts in here?

Comments

• oli356
    oli356 Posts: 171 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I had setup an instant access (well next working day) one the other week, I have cancelled it now and put the money into Marcus, but the Monzo one was really easy to setup.. like 2 clicks and available to use immediately. As long as you're happy with the rates, I don't see why not use it.
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Nice one if you have maxed the instant access 1.35% (who has!), or don't want a higher rate for a slightly longer term.
  • 6022tivo
    6022tivo Posts: 781 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Instant access is 0.9 for me?
  • grumiofoundation
    Options
    Unsurprisingly its not the best product on the market. You can get a Marcus account paying the same interest (1.35%) but that gives you instant access, whereas this account locks the money away for 6 months.
  • oli356
    oli356 Posts: 171 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    6022tivo wrote: »

1.10% aer for me for the 'easy access saver' by Paragon
  • 6022tivo
    Options
    I think I've found a place for my Santander 20k and will switch it to a lite account.
  • colsten
    Options
    There is instant access life outside Monzo. Lots of life. 1.35% Marcus, 1.35% Saga, 1.33% Shawbrook, 1.31% Cynergy, 1.3% PO, Britannia, ESBS and Loughborough, and so on.
  • 6022tivo
    Options
    I know I'll get the replies of don't be lazy etc. I'm normally the first with them.

But all of the above will require paperwork, my Identity verifying, some passport photos sitting on servers and annoying calls or apps, or passwords to remember.

I quite like the idea of a single click and it's done.
  • colsten
    Options

But all of the above will require paperwork, my Identity verifying, some passport photos sitting on servers and annoying calls or apps, or passwords to remember.
    I have accounts with several of them. I never had to send anything for ID as they find me online. You might not be known in the relevant DBs, I appreciate. PW management is easy to do with something like Lastpass. Being lazy is also a valid option, especially if small amounts of money are involved as the difference in yield is pennies.
    1005922 Posts: 176 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have 3 interest bearing pots on my app with 3 different providers, nice to just have everything like that in one place. I've got the pots hidden from view an all so I kind of forget I actually have them
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure