edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Loans
14 replies 530 views
Amanda4242Amanda4242 Forumite
476 Posts
Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Loans
Hi all
I am asking if there is anybody out there who has a copy of Lloyds Loan Protection terms and conditions/booklet/policy between 2001-2003 please? I am in dire straits and Lloyds are saying they do not keep copies.
Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no 463 - Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts

Replies

• jonesMUFCforeverjonesMUFCforever Forumite
    28.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you can't find a copy on the internet then I very much doubt that anybody has a copy.
    Is there anything on there you might want to use in a claim?
  • DCFC79DCFC79 Forumite
    40.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amanda4242 wrote: »
    Hi all
    I am asking if there is anybody out there who has a copy of Lloyds Loan Protection terms and conditions/booklet/policy between 2001-2003 please? I am in dire straits and Lloyds are saying they do not keep copies.

There are other forums (non mse forums) you could ask on, never know you might find a member hss a copy.
  • Amanda4242Amanda4242 Forumite
    476 Posts
    ✭✭
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    There are other forums (non mse forums) you could ask on, never know you might find a member hss a copy.

Could you point me in the right direction please?
    476 Posts
    ✭✭
    If you can't find a copy on the internet then I very much doubt that anybody has a copy.
    Is there anything on there you might want to use in a claim?

I tried to make a claim in2001 when I found out I had a heart condition but was told because it was pre existing I couldn’t claim. I have recently complained and Lloyd’s are saying it was because I was unemployed at time of taking loan out (I was a student it was student loan so they were aware). Financial Ombudsman is investigating but it would help if I had copy of terms.

Lloyd’s won’t give me a copy, they say they don’t keep copies after 6 years, yet it’s strange how they can provide me with my telephone transcripts from 20 years ago
  • BermoniaBermonia Forumite
    977 Posts
    500 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Don’t worry yourself Ombudsman has a pretty comprehensive library of policy documents especially for the big banks - although they would be right in saying pre-existing conditions were not covered
    476 Posts
    ✭✭
    Bermonia wrote: »
    Don’t worry yourself Ombudsman has a pretty comprehensive library of policy documents especially for the big banks - although they would be right in saying pre-existing conditions were not covered
    Yes it was a pre-existing medical condition, however I was the first person in the family to be diagnosed with the condition so we were unaware as a family that the condition existed. So it wasn't in effect a known pre-existing condition. Surely they can't penalize someone for having a condition they don't know about?
  • BoGoFBoGoF Forumite
    6.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Amanda4242 wrote: »
    Yes it was a pre-existing medical condition, however I was the first person in the family to be diagnosed with the condition so we were unaware as a family that the condition existed. So it wasn't in effect a known pre-existing condition. Surely they can't penalize someone for having a condition they don't know about?

Are you sure you are using the same definition of 'pre existing condition' as your Insurer (and the majority)?

When were you diagnosed with the heart condition?
    476 Posts
    ✭✭
    BoGoF wrote: »
    Are you sure you are using the same definition of 'pre existing condition' as your Insurer (and the majority)?

When were you diagnosed with the heart condition?

Yes I even spoke to Lloyds yesterday and they said the same phrase. I was diagnosed 2 years after I took my loan out - in 2003
  • BoGoFBoGoF Forumite
    6.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok, but were there any Drs appointments, symptoms prior to the actual diagnosis? Did they request your medical records?
    476 Posts
    ✭✭
    BoGoF wrote: »
    Ok, but were there any Drs appointments, symptoms prior to the actual diagnosis? Did they request your medical records?

No symptoms prior to diagnosis, I had a cardiac arrest out of the blue when I found out my husband was leaving me and they never requested any medical records
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Card providers to reserve up to £100

When you pay at supermarket fuel pumps

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals