Options
2»

Comments

• Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,104 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Pippwhips said:
    My friend got a prescription from vets Then ordered the meds on line which were cheaper.
    I tried that yesterday.  One of my dogs has to take 2 separate medications.  Phoned the vet for a written prescription to send to an online pet pharmacy only to be told the items would have to be written on 2 prescriptions which would cost me £19 each prescription. I was dumfounded!  What with the cost of 4 monthly reviews and the other dog needing medication too, they are costing a fortune....however, we still want the best for them in their senior years which means carrying on but I'm still annoyed with the vet for charging for 2 prescriptions for one dog.
    Good job I didn't put an order in for the other dog.
    Isn't that exactly what happens with human prescriptions? Two items: two prescription charges? 

Or am I missing something?
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • hb2
    hb2 Posts: 1,398 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Savvy_Sue said:
    Pippwhips said:
    My friend got a prescription from vets Then ordered the meds on line which were cheaper.
    I tried that yesterday.  One of my dogs has to take 2 separate medications.  Phoned the vet for a written prescription to send to an online pet pharmacy only to be told the items would have to be written on 2 prescriptions which would cost me £19 each prescription. I was dumfounded!  What with the cost of 4 monthly reviews and the other dog needing medication too, they are costing a fortune....however, we still want the best for them in their senior years which means carrying on but I'm still annoyed with the vet for charging for 2 prescriptions for one dog.
    Isn't that exactly what happens with human prescriptions? Two items: two prescription charges? 

Or am I missing something?
    That is the charge for the drugs, not the prescription itself. In this case, the vet wrote each drug on a separate prescription and charged for each piece of paper, then OL would have paid for each drug.
    It's not difficult!
    'Wander' - to walk or move in a leisurely manner.
    'Wonder' - to feel curious.
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,321 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Pippwhips said:
    Your vet has to get the money   to run his practice from somewhere. If he is not getting the profit  from the drugs( and remember he cannot buy the drugs for the same price the online companies can)  then he has to get it where he can. If not, then one day you will not have a  veterinary practice at all.
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,321 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Are the two drugs for different conditions? if so, then the  vet has to assess   the animal for each condition   and entitled to charge accordingly.

you could always change vets to one that doesn't charge for separate   prescriptions.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure