Big Community Switch

Options
Our local council are pushing the Big Community Switch for gas and electricity. Whilst I can find other councils that are pushing it I can't find any way of checking if the figures are as good as going by a normal comparison site. Any thoughts?
I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.

Comments

• PennineAcute
    Options
    Take a rough gas and elec kWh estimate and calculate total cost. Then compare this to comparison sites.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,519 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Personally haven't found a decent offer via the "Big Community Switch" for several years. If you are already with the likes of Symbio, Green, Avro, Yorkshire Energy etc then can't see them coming up with anything interesting.
  • WhoIsThat
    WhoIsThat Posts: 234 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Our local council are pushing the Big Community Switch for gas and electricity. Whilst I can find other councils that are pushing it I can't find any way of checking if the figures are as good as going by a normal comparison site. Any thoughts?

I don't think they have even gone out to auction yet - due 11/02

If you sign up, you will receive your personalised quote 24/02

You then have up to a month to consult a comparison site to decide whether to accept the offer. :)
  • peter_the_piper
    Options
    Thanks everyone.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure