Final bill wait

Options
Nuggy96
Nuggy96 Posts: 207 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
Hi,

I moved from Tonik Energy to Igloo Energy in December, gave my meter readings when they asked (15th December). I then got money taken off me on 20th December by direct debit by Igloo.

First question I guess is which date counts as the date I joined Igloo Energy would that be the 20th?

Secondly, I am still waiting my final bill even though I gave my meter readings over a month ago. I know it says can take up to 6 weeks. After that, do I just send in a complaint? Waiting on a credit refund of aprox. £200 which is annoying. I contacted Igloo and they said even though I have given the meter readings, they are waiting for the "data collector" not sure what that means...

Cheers in advance

Comments

• Gerry1
    Gerry1 Posts: 9,938 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You joined Igloo on the date they said the supply would start.

Six weeks for a final bill, then two more weeks for the refund. £30 compo if the refund takes more than two weeks from the date of the final bill.

The data collector is the mysterious third party that checks your changeover reading, tweaks it if they deem necessary and sends it to the old and new suppliers to make sure you're not billed twice. Unfortunately they have only one cart and their horse is lame.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure