CCJ - Drop Off

Hello all,

My 6 years (nightmare) of having a CCJ is nearly up.....18th Feb 2020.

It was for a whopping £145 from a private parking company. If I can't pay back £145 I may as well give up now (but that's basically what a CCJ means). Its a long story why I didn't pay, lost court papers, etc. Impossible to prove/defend.

I paid it off in Aug 2014 when I first knew it had been issued, so it has shown as 'satisfied' since then.

So I take it by the end of March my credit files should be updated accordingly.

Have people had any experience of this? Does your credit files improve instantly after the CCJ drops off? This is the only blip I have.

It has been such a pain in the !!!! for the last 6 years I can't even tell you, so glad to see the back of it.

Thanks

Enook

Replies

• cymruchriscymruchris Forumite
    3.8K Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    I had a CCJ set aside a few months ago, my only one, it was removed from all of my files within a couple of weeks - my imaginary score has not shot up as a result, it's remained pretty much exactly the same.
    An ex-bankrupt on a journey of recovery. Feel free to send me a DM reference credit building credit cards from the usual suspects :) Happy to help others going through what I've been through!
  • boo_starboo_star Forumite
    3.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    enook77 wrote: »
    Hello all,

My 6 years (nightmare) of having a CCJ is nearly up.....18th Feb 2020.

It was for a whopping £145 from a private parking company. If I can't pay back £145 I may as well give up now (but that's basically what a CCJ means). Its a long story why I didn't pay, lost court papers, etc. Impossible to prove/defend.

I paid it off in Aug 2014 when I first knew it had been issued, so it has shown as 'satisfied' since then.

So I take it by the end of March my credit files should be updated accordingly.

Have people had any experience of this? Does your credit files improve instantly after the CCJ drops off? This is the only blip I have.

It has been such a pain in the !!!! for the last 6 years I can't even tell you, so glad to see the back of it.

Thanks

Enook

It depends on how your credit file looks in general. If you have no credit it'll look bad. If you do have credit it'll look as good as your credit file will look without the CCJ.
  • MovingForwardsMovingForwards Forumite
    16.2K Posts
    10,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Having a CCJ (just under £5k) didn't stop my own bank giving me a low Apr credit card with a reasonable limit. It also wasn't marked as satisfied at the time either.

Have you put your life on hold for nearly 6 years because of a minor blip?

(Ignore the credit score as it isn't seen or used by financial institutions as they have their own way of credit scoring)
  • Hello,

No, my life wasn't on hold....I managed to get a 0% credit card about 2 years ago (just testing the water).

I know the score is not important (but it must be an algorithm based on the information contained within the report).

Regards

Enook
  • enook77 wrote: »

I know the score is not important (but it must be an algorithm based on the information contained within the report).

Yes, but it's a wonky algorithm.

-
  • To Cymruchris

If you got the CCJ removed with a couple of weeks, it would not affect your score and it sounds like it wasn't issued....hence no change in your score.

E.
  • Okay score haters, we get it....its just a made up number.
  • cymruchriscymruchris Forumite
    3.8K Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    enook77 wrote: »
    To Cymruchris

If you got the CCJ removed with a couple of weeks, it would not affect your score and it sounds like it wasn't issued....hence no change in your score.

E.
    It had been on there for 3 years when it was removed...
    An ex-bankrupt on a journey of recovery. Feel free to send me a DM reference credit building credit cards from the usual suspects :) Happy to help others going through what I've been through!
  • RelievedSheffRelievedSheff PPR Forumite
    9.4K Posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    I am intrigued as to why having a CCJ for such a small amount on your credit file has been "such a pain in the !!!!"

Up until last year I had four on my credit file for varying amounts and it made very little difference. We got a mortgage last year when I still had two CCJ's on my file one satisfied and one unsatisfied.
  • You got a mortgage with an unsatisfied CCJ, high street lender?
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Boost your Nectar points

Get up to £25 in bonus points

MSE News

Ask an Expert: Scams

Watch MSE Katie's answers to your questions

MSE Forum

Hot Diamonds 40% off code

Including already-reduced outlet stock

MSE Deals