We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Switching tariff within Avro

Options
Mikey17
Mikey17 Posts: 135 Forumite
Hi, I've been with Avro for several months. According to the cheaper energy club I can save £90 + on a cheaper tariff with the same company. So my question is, do I apply as a new customer ? When logged onto the Avro site there seems to be no way of finding a cheaper tariff.

Obviously I will contact them, but wondered if anyone had experience of switching within the same supplier.
Thanks in advance

Comments

• Gerry1
    Gerry1 Posts: 9,946 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I did this several times because each new monthly-ish tariff was a bit cheaper. I just phoned them, the call was answered promptly and the change was implemented immediately.
  • Mikey17
    Options
    Thanks very much Gerry1, I will follow your advice and ring them. Thanks for the speedy response , much appreciated
  • cranford
    cranford Posts: 797 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You can also do it online see instructions by philng on this thread:
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5367862/avro-energy-reviews-give-your-feedback&page=62#topofpage

I did this last night and got the confirmation email back within 5 mins.
  • smokey_dave
    Options
    I have been with avro for some time and today I took out a new contract agreement. This is the second time I have done this. I phoned them at 10.30am and they answered in 6 minutes.
    I had an email within minutes confirming the change and within an hour I had another email confirming the full details 0f the new contract.
    They were brilliant.
    I am a pensioner aged 83.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,532 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I switched tariff as per post#4 - my profile is now showing the cheaper Simple and Superflow rates ALTHO' I haven't had an email confirming the tariff switch (also haven't had an email this month re statement availability)-hopefully the changeover will "stick"
  • __.
    __. Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    just write them email. worked for me and Fox...
  • Mikey17
    Options
    Thanks for all the answers folks. Rang this afternoon, got through in a few minutes. As they were busy they offered to call me back. Sure enough they rang back, switched my tariff.
    I must say I'm very impressed, even got an email. :T
    Cheers
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills