»

2,000 bookings with The Sun's '£9.50 hols' promo hit by 'technical issue' - MSE News

New Post Advanced Search

UK Hols and Theatre

We’re struggling at the moment with the huge volumes of messages we’re getting from Forumites about coronavirus and the impact it’s having on their finances. We’re a small team and we’re doing our best to manage this spike in demand.

It’s an exceptionally tough time for the holiday, travel and events industry, and we are swamped with questions about your consumer rights around cancelled concerts, flights, hotels, theatre shows etc.

We’re a small team and we want to make sure Forumites are getting the answers they need accurately and quickly. So for the time being, we are hitting pause on this board and redirecting everyone to the MSE coronavirus guides that contain all the info we have – these guides are being constantly updated:
Coronavirus Help & Your Rights * Coronavirus Travel Rights

And of course, we have the Coronavirus Boards on the forum:
Coronavirus Support & Help * Coronavirus Travel Help & Info

Coronavirus: Stay up to date with the latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
Stay updated with our guides: Coronavirus Help & Your Rights * Coronavirus Travel Rights
NEWSFLASH 27/03
MARTINS VIDEO FOR SELF-EMPLOYED * DELAY HOUSE MOVES * EUROSTAR UPDATE

2,000 bookings with The Sun's '£9.50 hols' promo hit by 'technical issue' - MSE News

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments
2 replies 803 views
MSE_CallumMSE_Callum Forumite
660 posts
Second Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! Newshound!
✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments
Holidaymakers who booked trips via The Sun's popular '£9.50 hols' promo have been left angry and disappointed after a 'technical issue' resulted in them suddenly being told their holiday was unavailable, MoneySavingExpert.com can reveal. If you're affected, here's the latest info and what you can do...
Read the full story:
'2,000 bookings with The Sun's '£9.50 hols' promo hit by 'technical issue''
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.
Read the latest MSE News
Flag up a news story: [email protected]
Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail

Replies

• bazzybbazzyb Forumite
    1.4K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭
    2000 seems like an understatement here as Greenbank themselves are telling affected customers that between 3000 & 4000 bookings are being cancelled.
  • essex_boyessex_boy Forumite
    1.9K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    essex_boy wrote: »
    My holidays been saved
    I just booked direct through Luxcamp

https://lux-camp.co.uk/

Only cost me £10 more than would have been through the Suns deal as there's 6 of us including 4 children
    Got same date, 6 April for week at Bella Italia
    3 bedroom caravan
    Got my invoice and bill for future payments through almost straight away
    After my flights had been booked same time the Sun Holiday was booked I'm so relieved

I've checked and the deposit taken out has gone to the luxcamp
    I've had the confirmation/invoice and balance has to be paid 8 weeks before leaving
    If anyone affected has already booked their flights and are in despair as I was it could be worth a look