Defaults - How long do they stay on my report?

Options
I have a default with Lowells showing on my MSE Credit Club Report/Experian which I cleared in June of last year. Does it stay there for 6 years or should it drop off now that it is cleared?

I always thought they should drop off, but happy to be corrected!

Comments

• Gaz83
    Gaz83 Posts: 4,047 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    They stay on for six years following the date of default (five in Scotland).
    "Facism arrives as your friend. It will restore your honour, make you feel proud, protect your house, give you a job, clean up the neighbourhood, remind you of how great you once were, clear out the venal and the corrupt, remove anything you feel is unlike you... [it] doesn't walk in saying, "our programme means militias, mass imprisonments, transportations, war and persecution."
  • super_saver123
    Options
    So it is marked as 'Account Settled' (which I assume is the default date?) in July 2016, so it should disappear in July 2022. Another couple of years then.

Thanks for your help :)
  • kl2
    kl2 Posts: 40 Forumite
    Options
    So it is marked as 'Account Settled' (which I assume is the default date?) in July 2016, so it should disappear in July 2022. Another couple of years then.

Thanks for your help :)

6 years from the default date, not the settled date.

Should be a bit sooner than the settled date I'd imagine.
  • StokieBecks
    StokieBecks Posts: 4,997 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Did the account definitely default? It should show a default date on your credit report if it did. If it never defaulted and was settled in July 2016 then yes it will drop off July 2022 six years after it was settled
    £2 Savers Club for 2022 #12
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport