New Post Advanced Search

Welcome to the new MSE Forum!

If you were registered on the old Forum BEFORE 6th February 2020, you will need to reset your password (here) before you are able to log in. When you've reset your password, you can close this message with the 'X' in the top-right corner to make it disappear. If you need any help getting started, click here.

Consultation advice

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Redundancy & Redundancy Planning
1 reply 542 views
indigoblue11indigoblue11
23 posts
Forumite
edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Redundancy & Redundancy Planning
Hi all

Long story short....

I was on a secondment for 12 months, they have no headcount to make the role permanent. 24 hours later I am now at risk of redundancy as my old role no longer exists.

My question is, do I have to attend my consultation meeting?

This is a very difficult time.

Thank you

Replies

• nicechapnicechap
    2.4K posts
    Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi all

Long story short....

I was on a secondment for 12 months, they have no headcount to make the role permanent. 24 hours later I am now at risk of redundancy as my old role no longer exists.

My question is, do I have to attend my consultation meeting?

This is a very difficult time.

Thank you

What advantage will you get by not attending?

Its rarely a good idea not follow reasonable management requests.
    Originally Posted by shortcrust
    "Contact the Ministry of Fairness....If sufficient evidence of unfairness is discovered you’ll get an apology, a permanent contract with backdated benefits, a ‘Let’s Make it Fair!’ tshirt and mug, and those guilty of unfairness will be sent on a Fairness Awareness course."