🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Contact address for executor

Options
Hi, I've been dealing with the estate of a family friend as executor (with much help from this forum, thank you).
There are only a few things remaining to be settled before the estate is distributed, but I am moving house myself.
Does anyone have any tips on who might need to be notified of the address change?
Most things should be covered off an require nothing further but I don't want to miss anything.

Also, does anyone know if it is possible to set up a mail redirect for 'executors of' etc? You seem to be able to set up a redirect for the mail of someone who has died but not quite clear if it can be done for the various combinations of 'executors of' etc.

Thanks in advance.
:)

Comments

• Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,148 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I am not sure about the mail re-direct, but I would ask - does the deceased share your surname? If not, ask if you could set one up in their name, and whether that would be enough?

I'd also print a few sheets of labels with your new address, and leave them for the new residents, perhaps with a note explaining that a few things may slip through the re-direct and that correspondence may arrive addressed to you as yourself, and as executor of ... On top of that, it may occasionally be worth swinging by and just checking: I found that despite leaving our new address (very local) and having a mail re-direct, some stuff was still going to the old address and they were doing nothing with it!
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • Keep_pedalling
    Options
    It is highly unlikely that you will get any correspondence addresses to executor of (if they have your address they will have your name as well) so I would not worry about doing any more than setting up a redirect for anything addressed to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport