»

Many private parking firms to spare drivers hefty fines for number-plate errors - MSE News

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: NEW MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH
FOREIGN OFFICE TRAVEL ADVICE * FURLOUGH UPDATE * MORTGAGE LENDING

Many private parking firms to spare drivers hefty fines for number-plate errors - MSE News

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Motoring
2 replies 331 views
MSE_NaomiMSE_Naomi MSE Staff
421 posts
Second Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! Newshound!
MSE Staff
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Motoring
Motorists who enter the wrong number-plate details when paying for private parking tickets will in many cases no longer be 'fined' the full amount, after the UK's largest parking trade body updated its code of practice. But you'll still need to appeal to get the charge cancelled and may still have to pay a reduced charge for "major" mistakes...
Read the full story:
'Many private parking firms to spare drivers hefty fines for number-plate errors'
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.

Replies

• DoaMDoaM Forumite
    9.6K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't you think this is better-suited to the Parking board? ;)

PS - you're way too late - we've already discussed this in the Parking board. :)
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
  • twhitehousescattwhitehousescat Forumite
    4.9K posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    only a week to late , PS FINES??
    Time pretending I was asleep whilst under his desk , has given me insight to this sordid world