New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Is this outside 14 days

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
4 replies 137 views
BrownTroutBrownTrout Forumite
1.8K posts
1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
My maths and calculations have deserted me today
Date of contravention 23 rd December
date of sending 8th January
But with Christmas etc is it still in time for POFA.....

Replies

• CastleCastle Forumite
    3.1K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    BrownTrout wrote: »
    My maths and calculations have deserted me today
    Date of contravention 23 rd December
    date of sending 8th January
    But with Christmas etc is it still in time for POFA.....
    Christmas doesn't come into it; as 6th January is the 14th and final day after the parking event for POFA.
  • RedxRedx Forumite
    32.3K posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The maths is on a few recent popla complaint threads where it was spelled out to them by forum members plus their sector expert
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
  • BrownTroutBrownTrout Forumite
    1.8K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks it was giving me brain ache
  • UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    31.2K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Castle wrote: »
    Christmas doesn't come into it; as 6th January is the 14th and final day after the parking event for POFA.

Agreed. Outside the timescale for PoFA liability as the NtK would have been deemed 'given' on 8th January - oops, too late!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.